What's new

Patch 1.0 for MK2

Ok here is the premise you get to make one adjustment to mk2.
-ONLY 1.
-No new characters.
-No new levels.
Fix something about the game.

For me it's easily the broken hit boxes. Fix that and this is a much more balanced fun game.
close second though would be patching out the glitch moves IA/glitch jabs

what is your patch to Mk2?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Make it so non-ninja characters don't have to finish their full walk animation when you tap forward or back before you can duck. Kitana/Mileena/Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Reptile can do it, why not the rest of the cast?

You said only one, but I'll give you another:

I would also make it so male ninjas LP don't whiff on crouch blocking opponents.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'd adjust time, make it 1994 so people actually played the game!

It would be hard to choose just one thing to fix. Something to balance out the tiers would be nice, though I can't think of 1 thing that would solve that problem. Giving the ninjas some CQC skills would help a little, but it would then leave Cage and Baraka at the bottom of the barrel, far apart from top tier.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'd adjust time, make it 1994 so people actually played the game!

It would be hard to choose just one thing to fix. Something to balance out the tiers would be nice, though I can't think of 1 thing that would solve that problem. Giving the ninjas some CQC skills would help a little, but it would then leave Cage and Baraka at the bottom of the barrel, far apart from top tier.
Baraka's HP's hit lower than his LP's lol... same with Kung Lao.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
This one is easy for me. Eliminate the possibility of insta moves such as MGP, MBK, and multi air sais. Make those moves have a longer recovery time.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
This one is easy for me. Eliminate the possibility of insta moves such as MGP, MBK, and multi air sais. Make those moves have a longer recovery time.
Yeah if you took away top tier's ability to spam sai, ground pounds, and fireballs, the game would be a bit more balanced.
Though I guess... even with that, they would still kill bottom tier pretty easily.
To truly balance it I think you would need to take away spam from top tier, and give bottom tier something to make them better.
Meet in the middle!