What's new

Paradise Arcade Shop, sticks, buttons, mods and more...

Tim asked me to put together a thread for the forums so here it is.
First off, thank you, for the invitation as well as the orders.

Just a few words about us, then I'll get to the fun stuff. "The Shop" is my wife and I. I'm an old school gamer, and own a bunch of uprights. I also have a history of design work and now, I'm a resident physician, so why does this matter? Well, most people don't want me to get "creative" on grandma's hip when we are putting it back together, so I use the arcade parts as my outlet to design, invent and have some fun.
Susan, my wife, runs the business, packs the orders, solders our lit sticks and adapters (yes, and she now does this better than I), and she answers as much as she can on technical aspects of the biz. She's has become very fluent in this business, and is becoming a master at stick identification (we won't elaborate on that one)

OK, so the fun stuff.... (and yes, we like to spread the Hawaiian culture in our names)
RGB IL buttons "Hoku" and Pele LED Rings instock and ready to go! (please note buttons and leds are sold separately)

Hoku is a phase of the full moon, with a nice, even, bright light, it only seemed appropriate for these new buttons and ball tops. And these ring will erupt with light, just like Pele's amazing volcano.

And our new Hoku RGB Ball tops, with two varieties of shaft:
Iki IL/Happ Shafts
Nui IL/Happ Shafts

Iki basically means small, and Nui means large.... The Iki is a 10mm shaft, the Nui will fit the IL dustwasher without a sleeve.

We have over 500 products, and are the only store in the US that carries IL, Cherry and some of the other arcade classics. We are always open to ideas and suggestions and really look forward to getting to know the MK community better. PMs are not always the best way to get me, use my email [email protected] or you can reach Susan at [email protected]

So what's next? Project Magenta, programmable analog joystick control that connects to your standard wiring harness. What does that mean? imagine as add on plate for you joystick that allows you to prescisely set the deflection and angles your stick will react to. Why is this better than every other analog stick? It uses regular switching, not USB to send signals to your stick, so youc an use it in ANY stick. Prototypes are being tested, we hope to release this summer!

It's been a while, but we have an update with pink il buttons!

OK, I have product set up, and things are ready to move.... I am padding the ship date and saying December 10th, although I would expect it to be well before this. I figure this will give people time for Xmas orders/surprises.

Presales are open, anything you order will be held until the order is complete, then shipped. If you need partials shipped early, please order separately. We are only getting a limited supply. If these sell out we MAY get another batch, but we can not promise this will happen. Margins are these aren't inspirational, we are doing it more because it was fun and we could :)

Buttons are 2 with Zippy, 3 with Cherry, 3.50 with Rollie Leafs

Concave Link
Convex Link (yes for kicks we did a much smaller batch of these)

nwo

Noob
$10 iL eurosticks? Holy shit, how do you guys even make any money. I might be stocking up on these.

Thanks! The deal is that both Paradise and IL take a hit on margins, but we use that to try and push the Eurosticks in the US Market.
10 sticks will be all Cherry
But please note if you see $8 IL's, and this will be clearly marked, they will be Zippy Micros. We know most people here would consider that a sin, but we are going to use that to get down to Happ pricing on these sticks... Those sticks will primarily target first time buyers doing things like mame and buying controls on Ebay. The good news about this though is... If we can pull this off, Cherry switch prices will also be coming down a little :)