What's new

Question - Cassie Cage Panic/Messing up

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I pretty much just play Cassie right now (Some Jason here and there), and my main problem is I just mess up my combos and attacks in a actual match. I can do db2 run combos pretty well in practice, but once I am fighting a actual person, I get nervous and just don't know what to do. I just get lost. I can do the easy yet useful b12-db2-run-b12-ender combo SOMETIMES but not often. Most of my wins come from using strings midscreen and just strings. I know that isn't always BAD, but I know I can combo with Cassie, use tech, and all that, but in a actual match my fingers slip and I freak out a bit. Any advice on this? Thanks guys!

RetroPhysic

Woo Hoo!
there's really not much we can do to help with this, mainly its just gonna take practice like always you have to change timing from offline to online which may take a bit, should also make sure you stay calm. don't get nervous especially while playing online there's no point in getting nervous when the matches don't mean much. mainly it's just gonna take time and practice, Good luck!

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Online doesn't mean too much to me you got that right haha. I can lose a million online matches and its whatever, but I'm more talking offline. I do like to get some online matches in there to have more experience, but offline is where I struggle the most because it matters more. I've been playing this character since the game has been out but just now have I sparked an interest in locals and offline, and from reading old posts, I can see many of us Cassie mains had a lot of issues getting good with her. But I made it a mission. Her intros are just too good haha.

Solignac

Noob
Just keep playing man, it's perfectly normal to be doing that, it's just your nerves getting the best of you. It's a big step going from training to an actual match, partly because you need to read into your opponent and partly because you need to learn the match-up against the character you're fighting. If you want my advice, focus less on remembering crazy combos and focus more on playing footsies with something like d4 and paying attention to your opponent. When they jump, when you can armor, when you should zone. If you're too focused on combos, all you're thinking about is getting that hit. If it comes when you're not expecting it, you'll likely drop your combo and since getting the combo is on your mind, you'll get discouraged when you drop it. Stick to simple moves until you're move comfortable in preserving yourself in a real match, then start laying into them with combos. Combos will come with muscle memory.