What's new

Pad VS Stick Project

pherleece

Woolay
I was talking to a known member of the MK community and we were discussing about using a stick or a pad. Personally I use a pad and this person called me feminine and that real men use sticks and I'm making this thread to show how wrong he is. I'm going to have a list of people that play with each peripheral so just comment what you use and your thoughts and I'll add you to the list. If you use both just write both. Thanks

If I'm wrong about anyone I added myself just let me know.

This is based on MK9

Pad
PHERLEECE
Maxter
Crazy Dominican
Tom Brady
16 Bit
SwiftTomHanks
Rapzilla
Vito DeVito
Cibernetico
KT Smith
Riu48
Michaelangelo
Septicflesh
Xxing oNe
Gooch Peencher
beef_supreme
ribbz22

Stick
CD Jr.
J360
Scoot Magee
Klassy Sasquatch
Oblivion911
Noobe
Shock
DanCock
Tim Static
1man3letters
Mikemetroid
Jer
Hitoshura

Tim Static

Adminerator
MK9 or MK in general?

MK9 was made for pad, not that stick players cant be good or even great...fyi.

FTR i use & prefer stick.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Preference. Add Michaelangelo to the pad listing as well. There's really no inherent "This is better for MK9!"

The hitbox is debatable however, it does make certain things easier. IE iAFs. But it isn't a win button like a lot of people falsely believe. REO use your HB again man, screw them.

LEGEND

YES!
i'm going to assume that this guy thinks that if you don't use the best possible interface then you aren't taking the game seriously so = feminine i guess

all i have to say to that is Hitbox > Stick, said guy is a bitch in his own logic

Tim Static

Adminerator
i'm going to assume that this guy thinks that if you don't use the best possible interface then you aren't taking the game seriously so = feminine i guess

all i have to say to that is Hitbox > Stick, said guy is a bitch in his own logic
if so, then keyboard > Hitbox ;)

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
Pad, even on 3d fighters. Never been able to play a fighter with a stick.

sent from my phone using a free version of tapatalk. hehe

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i use stick,a qanba and matcatz te, would love to get my hands on a "mk" button one layout one

switched to stick for mk9 as i was playing so much the ps3 pad was really hurting my hands really bad,
never go back, love it and know it weird to say but i have more fun using a arcade stick

aj1701

Warrior
if so, then keyboard > Hitbox ;)
How so? HB is just a kbd with few buttons in a more natural position.

Put me down as a stick player. Why? The Stick Thread is to blame really it just looked so cool. Its a controller AND art. Since I've got mine, I've found its fun, doesn't wear my thumbs down to nothing, my execution is better (even play better on a pad now actually). Its preference though, but I love it and won't go back to pad!

Doesn't Konqrr use stick?

EDIT: Did you miss me pherleece? Or am I not good enough to count, lol.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
personally I use a stick (MK layout), and think that there are more options when using a stick i.e. Kung Lao ex low hat traps., but there are some things that are definitely easier on pad i.e. Kabals Iaf's. My brother uses a pad NOT AN XBOX PAD though, either PS or Madcatz. IMO i find some of the things these top players do on pads extremely incredible.