What's new

Pad: PDP Versus or Hori FC3Pro

Nudge

Noob
PDP Versus Controller

or

Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro

These 2 seem to be the best made pads out there for PS3 at the moment. I'm kinda leaning towards the Hori just because their products seem a lot more reliable on the whole, but thumbstick seems like it would feel better.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also something to note I guess is that the Hori will be a lot cheaper for me to get in Australia.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I haven't used either controller, so I have no idea which is better, but I did notice one thing while looking at the pictures.

The PDP controller setup has L1 and R1 both on the face. That means your X-Ray buttons (L2+R2) are both still on the shoulders, so you'll have to hold it like a PS3 controller.

The Hori controller has R1 and R2 on the face, so you can use all your fingers for the face buttons (like in the arcade) and X-Ray by pressing the bottom three (X,O,R2).

I guess the big thing is, what is your preference?

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
it's all preference I have the pdp fight pad and I dislike it for mk but its pretty darn good for street fighter and mvc3. I'd go with the Hori I think the d-pad is just a better fit.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
My preference is the PDP Pad since I do SFish movements in MK (i.e. D,D+F,F instead of D,F), but the Hori looks really nice for someone who plays MK with MKish movements.

With the ability to map your buttons, it seems like it would come down to cost. Go with the Hori ^_^

Nudge

Noob
Thanks for the responses guys, Hori it is. Turns out the Pro is around same price as the Standard FC3 too.. score!