What's new

Pad Modding Questions

ELC

Scrublord McGee
First a bit of background information: I love the PDP Pad's concept, but I'm already out two of the bastards in less than a year. The NeoGeo Pads for PS3 and PS2 aren't options due to their obscene rarity, so I'm left with few choices: get a stick/hitbox; suck it up with the PS3 pad; get yet another PDP fightpad and hope it doesn't die on me as well;

Or ... attempt to Frankenstein a MadCatz Fight Pad and what's left of my nonresponsive PDP Fight Pad (namely just the thumbpad). But before I even try, I have a few questions for the more technically inclined:

1. Is the MadCatz pad digital or analog?
2. Is the PDP pad digital or analog?
3. Will this work?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

You can snag this for $35 shipped off Newegg.com. Hori > PDP. I've been using this pad exclusively for over two months now and I have nothing but praise to say about it, amazing pad and at $35 it's a damn steal! The dpad is a little stiff at first, as is every dpad, but once you break it in it's awesome. Even in the stiff stages it's far more responsive than the dualshock 3.

Tournament legal with a 10 foot USB cable too. This or the dualshock 2 with a converter is your best bet, but the DS2 and converter will run you a bit more.