What's new

Pacquiao VS Bradley

nwo

Kombatant
Does anyone plan on watching this fight tomorrow night? What is your prediction? Since Bradley is undefeated, younger, and probably more hungry, my prediction is Pacquiao by decision. Even though Pacquiao is older, he still looks faster than Bradley to me.

I'll try and post a live streaming link here right before the fight starts, if I could find one.

REYTHEGREAT

I found a stream link by searching I google for that last UFC event. I'm sure someone will be streaming that. I'll be at ECT so I'll probably won't watch it. But I'm going for paquiao by stoppage

nwo

Kombatant
They've decided that this fight won't begin until the game 7 playoff basketball game is over. Manny Pacquiao is a huge Celtics fan.

This is the current link I got of the live stream. I'm not exactly sure when the fight starts, sometime in the next 30 minutes to an hour? If someone could let me know that would be nice.

http://www.peliculasrobert.com/2012/06/pacquiao-vs-bradley.html

(EDIT: Oh I guess that game isn't over until at least 8pm since its only in the 2nd quarter now?)

nwo

Kombatant
Timothy Bradley barely made it through round 4. This isn't looking like it will even go 12 rounds.

nwo

Kombatant
WOW!! Bradley wins by split decision!! holy shit.

I think this shit was rigged, they had Pacquiao winning almost every round, crazy.

Warplay

Noob
Absolutely glorious.

Karma is a bitch, Pacquiao. He was totally unprofessional today since the beginning. Holding up the fight for the game only to make everyone wait another 30(about, give or take) minutes after the fact, taking rounds off or just trying to steal rounds by only fighting with a minute left, and then smiling and laughing with people ring side in the middle of the fight...it was a complete joke to watch. I don't think the judges were too happy, at least so says the decision for Bradley.

Not everyone gets their justice, but Pac did tonight. And this whole devout Christian act for his political career, I'm not buying it at all. Nor should anyone else, like I said, it's just a political move for a guy who has no place in any sort of political office.

And on another note, it was a much closer fight than the crowd and ringside announcers led everyone to believe. Pacquiao was all flash. Though he did land the best punches in the fight, boxing is a score based sport. The punches landed and thrown stats were being counted by a seemingly blind man, since Bradley wasn't getting credited for connects while Pac was getting credited for punches that were not even landing cleanly.

Can't wait until this Mayweather and Pacquiao era is gone. These guys are said to be great for the sport, etc, etc...yet we have two of the best fighters in the world, who are in the same weight class(pretty much), that will never fight. Just be gone already. I'm ready for a new wave of fighters and new stars.

Warplay

Noob
So what? They robbed Juan Manuel Marquez in Manny's previous fight. It's karma. However, I believe Bob Arum had heavy influence on the judges.
Exactly. Marquez beat him twice, as far as I'm concerned. This is boxing. You get some gifts sometimes, and sometimes you're the victim.

Slade

Make It Rain
Congrats Pac and Money May. Your fight has now lost a lot of luster after this cuz you knuckleheads waited too long to fight.

Unless Pac comes back for a rematch and dominates Bradley, Pac/MM fight doesn't mean as much now... IMHO...

Warplay

Noob
Congrats Pac and Money May. Your fight has now lost a lot of luster after this cuz you knuckleheads waited too long to fight.

Unless Pac comes back for a rematch and dominates Bradley, Pac/MM fight doesn't mean as much now... IMHO...
It definitely won't happen. Mayweather wasn't willing to do a 50/50 split of the money in the last negotiations, and certainly won't do that now that he has his first loss in seven years. Regardless of the controversy, he'll be using it to back up his reasons. Manny Vs. Mayweather had no chance anyway. I just want to see those two become "human" in the world of boxing so new stars can take the spot light and breathe some real competitive life into the sport once again.

Slade

Make It Rain
It definitely won't happen. Mayweather wasn't willing to do a 50/50 split of the money in the last negotiations, and certainly won't do that now that he has his first loss in seven years. Regardless of the controversy, he'll be using it to back up his reasons. Manny Vs. Mayweather had no chance anyway. I just want to see those two become "human" in the world of boxing so new stars can take the spot light and breathe some real competitive life into the sport once again.
But that's the thing, there's not any rising stars right now. Part of why boxing ain't what it used to be. May/Pac was the only real thing to look forward too. I actually didn't mind them not fighting so people could talk about it for a long time, but at the same time, I didn't wanna see em fight anyone else and risk losing, therefore somewhat ruining the appeal of that potential fight.

I'm not gonna pretend to know all news boxing, and I'm not familiar with any potential rising stars, but I haven't heard about any rising stars at all. I sure hope there are though. I'm in the minority that doesn't find MMA interesting. I love the sweet science. lol

Warplay

Noob
But that's the thing, there's not any rising stars right now. Part of why boxing ain't what it used to be. May/Pac was the only real thing to look forward too. I actually didn't mind them not fighting so people could talk about it for a long time, but at the same time, I didn't wanna see em fight anyone else and risk losing, therefore somewhat ruining the appeal of that potential fight.

I'm not gonna pretend to know all news boxing, and I'm not familiar with any potential rising stars, but I haven't heard about any rising stars at all. I sure hope there are though. I'm in the minority that doesn't find MMA interesting. I love the sweet science. lol
There's a lot of talent coming up. Two of my favorite being Andre Ward and Yuriorkis Gamboa. Those two may be household names in the next five years. They have that kind of talent.

I am just disgusted that the Pac/Mayweather fight didn't happen years ago. Then it fell through again just recently. I'm fed up, the excitement has been gone and it's clear those guys don't really want to fight each other. Pac seems more willing than Mayweather, that I can say. But I've come to the realization it just won't happen. They've robbed a fan base that's already starved at the moment. I'm just looking toward the end of these "legends"...legends of the weakest era in boxing, then refusing to fight each other. It's just unbelievable.

I can understand how people have the perception that boxing is dead after Pacquiao and Mayweather are not relevant anymore, but I beg the differ. There will always be new stars to take up the mantle. Boxing will benefit without these guys. Trust me. We'll see soon, because both are climbing in age, especially in "boxing years".

Reactions: nwo

nwo

Kombatant
There's a lot of talent coming up. Two of my favorite being Andre Ward and Yuriorkis Gamboa. Those two may be household names in the next five years. They have that kind of talent.
I think Andre Ward will be a household name within like 2 years.

I don't think this Pacquiao loss even matters since he clearly won the fight in most people's eyes. He isn't the one with the perfect record anyway. He has a rematch clause with Bradley for November I think. Mayweather will probably use Pacquiao's "loss" as another excuse to not fight him or to cheat him even more money. I still think they'll eventually fight each other though, but probably a little too late.

I wouldn't be streaming that fight for free over the internet either, I'd happily dish out the outrageous $70 for the PPV...lol