What's new

Question - Jacqui Briggs Options over safety or nah? B2 & B33

Are no cancels on blocked b2 & b33 more a positive or negative trait?

• Yes. It's better the way it is.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I would prefer more options.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • It should be different per variation or move.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well at first I figured this was Heaven sent. I could go for mix up attempt with NO risks of being punished. This was more when i was just in the Lab with her. When i started playing her in game, i noticed how lacking in range some of her normals are. Making it very difficult to keep pressure going more so when B2, B33 or B4 when canceled from F4 and F3 .(Just a Note that B4 is over -5 I tested it on Kung Lao)

As soon as one of these moves are blocked you go on the defense. This hadn't bothered me that much until I started to play HT Variation seriously. Would be great if I had the option to cancel into to keep my pressure or even at least throw my opponent off.

So what do you guys think, is it more of a benefit or does it just remove options (more so in the long run)?

I noticed this pretty much right away since I was using HT since the first day I picked up Jacqui. It is certainly worse, at least for the HT variation, not to have a cancel on block. The thing is, though, you shouldn't be able to keep your pressure after your mixup is blocked. I think it's pretty obvious that it was a conscious decision by the developers not to let her do this.

I noticed this pretty much right away since I was using HT since the first day I picked up Jacqui. It is certainly worse, at least for the HT variation, not to have a cancel on block. The thing is, though, you shouldn't be able to keep your pressure after your mixup is blocked. I think it's pretty obvious that it was a conscious decision by the developers not to let her do this.
Quan chi can mix up and cancel to make it safe though he has to us meter to do so and his over head is about 20 frames or so slower.

Quan chi can mix up highs and lows and make it safe by canceling with meter. Is over head is a bit slower though.