What's new

Option Selects

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Are there any Options Selects in MK1?

I've faced several opponents that will poke or reversal out of every gap, even when I stagger and sometimes use Kameos to cover the gap. The moment I use the full string without covering it - it is armored through, poked out of or reversaled. And I know people are gonna learn the matchups but I don't think many people are out there labbing against Li Mei.

If the jump kick option select is in MK1 I'm aware of that one.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Well one of note is there's a really easy to do option select(I guess in all NRS, was very key in MKX) where you can spam an armored reversal special and if there is no gap and timed properly, it won't come out and you will still block. So for example, just spam DF2~EX during the mixup and you could block and also get your armored reversal if the opponent leaves a gap.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Well one of note is there's a really easy to do option select(I guess in all NRS, was very key in MKX) where you can spam an armored reversal special and if there is no gap and timed properly, it won't come out and you will still block. So for example, just spam DF2~EX during the mixup and you could block and also get your armored reversal if the opponent leaves a gap.
Thank you! I thought there was too much consistency for it to be pure chance and I don't think I'm that predictable.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Thank you! I thought there was too much consistency for it to be pure chance and I don't think I'm that predictable.
Notably though, if this is in the game (I haven’t tested it), the reversal will come out with any gap which means it should still come out if you stagger (eg. just the 12 instead of the full 124). You should be able to bait and punish this.