What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire Optimal Scorpion Hellfire combos

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
@Slips what are your thoughts on inferno vs hellfire? Are there certain matches where you prefer one over the other or are you pretty much thinking hellfire is superior? Just curious as to what your view is on the two variations. You can shoot me a pm if you don't want to clutter this thread with things not related to optimal hellfire combos
I can see Inferno being better than Hellfire in some matchups. Typically matchups where Scorp gets out-zoned and can't anti-zone on reaction with tele easily and/or if they can't punish demons too harshly from far/mid range on block. Otherwise Hellfire is best vs most of the cast.

@Slips What is B3 xx fbc on block?
I have no idea

Nereus

Noob
I was gonna save these for myself but fuck it. Pretty much the combos I posted earlier are obsolete since you can do the same about of damage (or more) in chip plus and/or get a 50/50 tagged at the end.

Yeah, these are mostly already known routes/setups so even if you would've kept it to yourself.. people would've known lol but im glad you shared it bro.. not a lot of people do what you did sadly. Also, are you anywhere near KY perhaps?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I was gonna save these for myself but fuck it. Pretty much the combos I posted earlier are obsolete since you can do the same about of damage (or more) in chip plus and/or get a 50/50 tagged at the end.

Interesting, curious though, isn't the 214 string last hit interruptible by armor?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Are you talking about 214 xx db1? If so.. no it's not. I usually do 214 xx EX db1 since he's like +8 on block.
The 3rd his has a gap which can be armored out i believe, i was playing yesterday against smith and he armored out of it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
that shouldn't be happening at all.. unless they did something we don't know about
Holy shit, now that i remember, that MKX version was outdated, because i had armor on Scorpion's teleport without being a wakeup move, so there is that, but i will still confirm.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The 3rd his has a gap which can be armored out i believe, i was playing yesterday against smith and he armored out of it.
According to the frame data there should be a 12 frame gap but I'm testing right now and I can't even jump out of it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
just tested it by using SZ's Icy Slide.. it's a true blockstring. you can't armor through it, so i dunno how the person you were playing were able to do it because the CPU can't even do it lol
outdate version, only explanation.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Try Armor
Tried EX takedown, X-ray, backdashing etc. None of them are interrupting lol.

just tested it by using SZ's Icy Slide.. it's a true blockstring. you can't armor through it, so i dunno how the person you were playing were able to do it because the CPU can't even do it lol
This. I'm genuinely starting to wonder if NRS themselves actually kept track of the correct frame data.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tried EX takedown, X-ray, backdashing etc. None of them are interrupting lol.

This. I'm genuinely starting to wonder if NRS themselves actually kept track of the correct frame data.
I think they updated and forgot to change on the frame data.