What's new

Question - Commando Opening up people in the corner?

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
So I've been playing exclusively Commando since start, I'm starting to find it really hard to open up people in the corner, since B312 is our launcher to juggle off of I rarely catch people not blocking low now in the corner since most are somewhat familiar with his strings now. Obviously If I'm forcing them into blocking low I can start mixing in command grabs, but is that my only option?

What are things other Kano players are doing to open people up in the corner?

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
You might hear this a lot in this thread, but reg grab, command grab and just continue block string. You get meter, and DMG. It might not seem as great as a traditional juggle combo, but eventually they'll have to do something that isn't block low.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Isn't B31 positive on block now? Might be worth doing B31 expecting them to block, the using something quick to catch 'em.

FlappyDaniel

Yeah I actually did just start using that. B31 into command grab catches people quite a lot.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I B13, then make them guess. They are forced to open themselves up or get thrown. No one wants to get thrown. So they hit buttons (parry counter) or the jump (B1 to juggle follow up) or they backdash (B1 again, or standing 2 to choke or f+4). See what they are conditioned to do and adjust to counter them.

FlappyDaniel

Yeah I like it, though you shouldn't 2 into choke you should just convert it into kano ball since it'll give you better follow up. Even with the buff we don't get any more advantage on hit on the choke so it's still massive booty to hit confirm into it since you're only getting the raw 1% more dmg from it over Ball.

FlappyDaniel

yeah, -20 and choke is -4. I see what you were saying, use it as pressure for if they're blocking on the corner. I assumed since you were saying to chase their BD with 2 into choke that you were getting the hit.