What's new

Only just noticed they changed Kold War Skarlet's gear and name

Art Lean

Noob
Just noticed this on MK11 modder Shaar.yt's instagram (he posted this 13 weeks ago) and just checked the game for myself, yup they've changed her hammer emblem and the colour of her mask. She's also now just called 'Kold Skarlet'. I appreciate this is obviously to do with the Ukraine war and you'll only really notice in intros and outros, but it's an annoying change as I much preferred its military classiness before the MK logo was cheesily slapped all over it:

- video detailing it

http://instagr.am/p/CmMHVv0NJzj/

Art Lean

Noob
Is it really impossible for people to divorce fantasy from reality? It's just like how they patched out Johnny Cage's circle game animations because the world decided to get trolled by 4chan again.
Not to mention Skarlet's a villain with unwavering loyalty to an evil regime, who constantly has her blind devotion pointed out to her as a character flaw, so it's hardly like she glorifies anything anyway. Meanwhile they're still selling the completely unchanged 'Kold War Pack' for MKX in which two hero characters are sporting Soviet imagery... so what was the point of this?

And what was it they did to Johnny Cage? I don't understand?

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Is it really impossible for people to divorce fantasy from reality? It's just like how they patched out Johnny Cage's circle game animations because the world decided to get trolled by 4chan again.
Literally, that was so STUPID.

soMEonE oN 4chAN sAId iT wAs suPrEMAciSTs syMBoL

Like good lord when is the majority of the population going to stop having such dumb, reactionary responses to literal trolling.

And what was it they did to Johnny Cage? I don't understand?
When you were changing his gear and the camera panned down to his hands he did the thing where his thumb and index make a circle. The 'meme' was if you look at the circle you get punched in the shoulder. So he was just being a troll but they changed it cause 4chan trolls made people believe it was a white supremacist code or something. So stupid.