What's new

Online Ranking System Discussion

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So, the new ranking system is said to be greatly improved though still on GameSpy(?)... with that said, what are you thoughts on this?

I for one am hoping for an "Endless Battle" type of online where you can fight as well as watch others fight. That is actually my favorite thing about SF online.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
NRS has confirmed that's what they're doing with the online matches...they call it King of the Hill.

I'm just hoping they have decided to use a much different netcode. The one they used for the past 3 MKs is more suited for a shooter.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
There will be various online modes, options Boon has said but honestly the ranking thing I don't care much about...I did like the true skill thing though in MK DC which I took more into account then the "w/l" ratio honestly. But I'm looking forward to the king of the hill mode and co-op online modes especially.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I hope they have a decent replay system so I can find people, player cards with all that good info yada yada. Perhaps they can do the Disconnect thing MVC3 is doing where you'll only play other rage-quitters if you yourself are a rage-quitter. Ofcourse I'm also curious about what was said about "asking people" how they did something while suspecting. I'm assuming its like a ping system in SC2, or some form of text (that can get annoying). Otherwise you can do that with a mic.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I hope they have a decent replay system so I can find people, player cards with all that good info yada yada. Perhaps they can do the Disconnect thing MVC3 is doing where you'll only play other rage-quitters if you yourself are a rage-quitter. Ofcourse I'm also curious about what was said about "asking people" how they did something while suspecting. I'm assuming its like a ping system in SC2, or some form of text (that can get annoying). Otherwise you can do that with a mic.
lol that's a clever idea, they set it up so you play other rage quitters? Epic...lol

Personally they need to have a standard "record mode" for online tournaments and even casual play, then upload it onto say that games site say for MK9, WB has an MK site just for uploading your online videos then from there be able to share it on other sites like youtube. How cool would this be?

Rankings are worthless unless they take into account in-game goings on, lag, and match-ups -- an alogorithm that do not exist as far as I know.

Failing these aspects of a battle being taken into account in any rank or score (in lieu of mere match result), all rankings do is promote scrub play, spamming and whoring of easy-win 'Ryu' characters; thus turning the gaming experience into and utter bore fest.

Until skill is calculated in what accolades a player receives, rankings are utterly worthless and are actually to the detriment of the game itself.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
what id like to be able to do in a "endless battle" type of room.

1 ~ watch the fight going on full screen
2 ~ allow us to watch the fight in a little window and then allow us to play a little mini game either by our selves or vs another person in the room.
3 ~ allow us to go into practice mode while the others fight, then when its your turn you go right to the select screen from practice.
4 ~ allow us to watch the fight in a little window, then comment on it in the room with others, with out needing a headset or having to go into PSN chat not allowing you to watch the fight going on.

DrDogg

Noob
what id like to be able to do in a "endless battle" type of room.

1 ~ watch the fight going on full screen
3 ~ allow us to go into practice mode while the others fight, then when its your turn you go right to the select screen from practice.
These two things would be pretty nice to have.