What's new

Online Optimization: Troubleshooting Connection Speeds

Hades

Noob
my apologies if i posted this thread in the wrong spot but i need help with my connection on mortal kombat x.

I am currently going for the respcted fighter achievement in mortal kombat x but my connection to other players is so horrendous in the player match king of the hill game type i can't even connect to half the players. I literally can play 1 out of 5 games i join and after 5 hours of KOTH have only managed 159 respect points and have disconnected from more games than i've played. My issue is i live in new zealand and i think most of the games i join are us/uk based but it still should at least let me play rather than just dcing right? I'm pretty sick of watching 6 matches of people playing only to get booted out of the lobby as soon as its my turn, any helps appreciated.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So I recently got a steal of a deal at a local office depot going out of business and bought a new wifi router. I'm in the process of reconfiguring my PS4 and I want to try and optimize my ethernet connection for online play. Anyone that could help me troubleshoot? Right now after the PS4 connection test it's at:

NAT Type 2
Downoad Speed: 27.5 Mbps
Upload: 4.9 Mbps

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
So I recently got a steal of a deal at a local office depot going out of business and bought a new wifi router. I'm in the process of reconfiguring my PS4 and I want to try and optimize my ethernet connection for online play. Anyone that could help me troubleshoot? Right now after the PS4 connection test it's at:

NAT Type 2
Downoad Speed: 27.5 Mbps
Upload: 4.9 Mbps
This is going to sound very stupid on Playstation's part, but I talked to one of the customer support people on online chat and he said that the PS4 doesn't utilize all of your network and it only uses the bare minimum to run PSN. I have 75/65 Fiber Optic and on wired I only get 24.5mbps Down and 15.5mbps up. When I'm on steam, I get my full network and can download games at roughly 13.5 megabytes a sec. On PSN on a good day which is rare, I can download at 2.3 MB/s

MK Slash

Useful Idiot look at the flick of the wrist
my advice is to play using a ethernet cable , you must also forward your post, maybe setup a static ip address for your console try this shit it should be better