What's new

On block czar toss set ups.

Flagg

Noob
Apologies if done before but knowledge is power and I've been plAying around with what normals and strings on block can cancel into successful czar toss grabs:

1 xx czar toss
12 xx czar toss
D1 xx czar toss
D2 xx czar toss
2 xx czar toss
21 xx czar toss

2 and 21 is particularly good if they are expecting a low or mid hook. 21 also has a lot of range, just outside of jump in attacks. As long as the hook in that string connects the czar toss will grab them.

Standing 1 is 7 frames so hella hard to cancel into and as a high can be ducked.

I also find following up a naked czar toss after a blocked jp 1 or jp 3 quite effective.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Yea, this was covered some time ago. 1,2 connects on hit and block. You can also add b+2, u+1 to that list.

Flagg

Noob
I know what connects on hit, I was making a thread based on what you can get if your opponent in block.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Apologies if done before but knowledge is power and I've been plAying around with what normals and strings on block can cancel into successful czar toss grabs:

1 xx czar toss
12 xx czar toss
D1 xx czar toss
D2 xx czar toss
2 xx czar toss
21 xx czar toss

2 and 21 is particularly good if they are expecting a low or mid hook. 21 also has a lot of range, just outside of jump in attacks. As long as the hook in that string connects the czar toss will grab them.

Standing 1 is 7 frames so hella hard to cancel into and as a high can be ducked.

I also find following up a naked czar toss after a blocked jp 1 or jp 3 quite effective.
B2,U1 is also a tick throw setup just wanted to throw that out there.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Yeah I guess but it's so slow that I'd surprised of no one poking out. Still, fair shout.
I like how people say that, as if the match is forever in a neutral state. There are plenty of ways you can circumvent the slow start up on that move. For one, after A successful Party Crasher. Let's think outside the box, people.

Flagg

Noob
I like how people say that, as if the match is forever in a neutral state. There are plenty of ways you can circumvent the slow start up on that move. For one, after A successful Party Crasher. Let's think outside the box, people.
Trust me I'm all about those meaty b2's! It's a good whiff punisher as well coupled with his back dash which is really good.

B2 crushes a good amount of wakeups, too. An example of it's godliness would be crushing pre-wakeup buff Black Ice (move was still annoying and had invul frames) or wing evade from Hawkgirl. I'm not sure which (if any) wakeups it crushes post-patch, but it's really good.

As for the tick throw setups, these were pretty much figured out day out along with every potential meaty czar toss setup, however I don't recall anyone talking about D2 xx Czar Toss. That's neat, since Shazam and Bane also have similar setups with their d2's. If Czar Toss's recovery wasn't the worst in the world, we could've potentially had option selects off them, just like Shazam or Bane ;p

B1xxCT on block does not work? Anyone has tested that?

Doesn't work, sadly.

Also, I just tested D2 xx Czar Toss and it gets interrupted by anything with 6f startup, so I wouldn't use it. Not a real tick throw setup that beats out reversals like 12 xx toss or 2 xx toss.

add j1, and j2 to this list
It does, but it can be interrupted or backdashed. You can also jump out of it.
j1 and j2 are tick throws ala Shazam's 22 xx HM. Case being, you can do anything and everything to avoid it. Reversal, jump away, backdash, mash d1 if it's a fast enough d1, etc. Not like Lobo's other jail strings like b2u1 xx czar toss or 12 xx czar toss. With those jails, the opponent can't even do a 6f reversal to get out.

all of them can be forward or backward jumped out of.

Yes, but the jump-ins and d2 are easily interrupted with a reversal or mashed d1's, whereas our staple tick throws like 12 or 2/21 cannot (unless you're flash and you use Flying Uppercut, or superman with pre-patch super).

Having an uninterruptable tick throw that cannot be disrespected as hard as Shazam's can be is very good. Plus, if they jump over your toss, you recover in time and can't get punished. Not even Batman can cross you up from point-blank blocked 12 xx czar toss.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yes, but the jump-ins and d2 are easily interrupted with a reversal or mashed d1's, whereas our staple tick throws like 12 or 2/21 cannot (unless you're flash and you use Flying Uppercut, or superman with pre-patch super).

Having an uninterruptable tick throw that cannot be disrespected as hard as Shazam's can be is very good. Plus, if they jump over your toss, you recover in time and can't get punished. Not even Batman can cross you up from point-blank blocked 12 xx czar toss.
Of course. I just thought you meant that one string can be jumped out of.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I've been D3'd out of j1 or j2~toss. It's pretty slow.
Use it against someone who doesn't know how to interrupt very well.