What's new

Omni Man General Discussion

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Lao is a terrible kameo for OM... You want one of the ones with a launcher or a mixup. Like Scorp or Striker. He even says in the vid how opening them up is his one issue, it certainly isn't damage. So then he picks a kaemo and says it is the best even though it dose nothing to help his one flaw.

Lao is a terrible kameo for OM... You want one of the ones with a launcher or a mixup. Like Scorp or Striker. He even says in the vid how opening them up is his one issue, it certainly isn't damage. So then he picks a kaemo and says it is the best even though it dose nothing to help his one flaw.
Good thing you dont need the lao kameo to do this combo. But me personally I like the lao kameo with OM.

Jynks

Not a good choice imo. He does not bring anything to the game plan for OM. Try something that helps him opening him up into the meter less and no kameo needed high dmg stuff and I bet you have much much better success

Not a good choice imo. He does not bring anything to the game plan for OM. Try something that helps him opening him up into the meter less and no kameo needed high dmg stuff and I bet you have much much better success
I forgot about the scorpion assist OH. I might have to try that out with OM.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
So basically KL is now Omni League. I want to reach Grandmaster only to get Nitara skin and Im stoping this shit immediately. I've played around 30 matches and 90% of my oponents are picking fucking omni man. And to makes things worse, everybody is playing him in the same manner - stance, overhead, stance, overhead or fucking throw. And if you are in the air, every single omni man is doing the same combo from tutorial. Boring and annoying af. Oh yea, and armor breaking low - whoever designed this character should be fired immediately. But well, its kind of given that dlcs are always op and easy to play so its W for WB for sure. Rant over.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So basically KL is now Omni League. I want to reach Grandmaster only to get Nitara skin and Im stoping this shit immediately. I've played around 30 matches and 90% of my oponents are picking fucking omni man. And to makes things worse, everybody is playing him in the same manner - stance, overhead, stance, overhead or fucking throw. And if you are in the air, every single omni man is doing the same combo from tutorial. Boring and annoying af. Oh yea, and armor breaking low - whoever designed this character should be fired immediately. But well, its kind of given that dlcs are always op and easy to play so its W for WB for sure. Rant over.
Upblocking the stance into overhead from full screen helps a lot against him. Only problem I have is against omni-mans who use the lao hat into the fullscreen superman. Hits me every single time.

Jynks

Opening people up is why you pick Lao.
I still think it is a really bad choice. I think there are so many options in MK1 that people just use him as they see the people do, or that they have been using him already. The drawback of the Kameo system is that there is a lot to learn. Also I think a lot of people do not really experiment in the FGC anymore. Like they follow youtube and that is it. Look at the video posted above. The guy was so keen to get a video out, that he had to make a new one latter saying a move he said sucked was the best move OM had. This Loa thing is the same, I think people pick him as they used to use him, but most people have not even bothered to look at other Kameos yet, and when they do I think they will realise Loa is not a good choice at all.

I use Stryker but honestly, I think you could make a case for pretty much every kameo besides frost, sub, shujinko and motoro. And even then, im sure theres some dirt you can find with them.

Kameos really feel like a compliment to OM's game and not a crutch like they are for other characters. Its one of my favorite things about him. I hope NRS buffs the rest of the cast to the same level.

kevkopdx

Noob
I use Stryker but honestly, I think you could make a case for pretty much every kameo besides frost, sub, shujinko and motoro. And even then, im sure theres some dirt you can find with them.

Kameos really feel like a compliment to OM's game and not a crutch like they are for other characters. Its one of my favorite things about him. I hope NRS buffs the rest of the cast to the same level.
I’m new to using Stryker, can you share some tips on when or how to use grenades with omniman?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I still think it is a really bad choice. I think there are so many options in MK1 that people just use him as they see the people do, or that they have been using him already. The drawback of the Kameo system is that there is a lot to learn. Also I think a lot of people do not really experiment in the FGC anymore. Like they follow youtube and that is it. Look at the video posted above. The guy was so keen to get a video out, that he had to make a new one latter saying a move he said sucked was the best move OM had. This Loa thing is the same, I think people pick him as they used to use him, but most people have not even bothered to look at other Kameos yet, and when they do I think they will realise Loa is not a good choice at all.
I mean, the utility of a fullscreen low with characters that have strong overhead/aerial attacks is kind of a universal thing that isn’t going anywhere atm. It’s the same reason Nitara synergizes well with Lao.

Agreed with everything you said. Been playing a lot of KL lately and have been facing mostly Omniman players and I’m just sick of it at this point. It’s a chore figuring out where he’ll be next since he has so many movement options and don’t get me started on that sneaky low.

Jynks

I think it is pretty unfair to complain that the new dlc has a lot of users.. I mean everyone it playing him, as he is new... give it a 3 weeks or so and it will settle down again... besides a new DLC is probably coming each season...

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
This is just my opinion, but after playing Omni Man for a few days and experimenting with several different Kameos, in my opinion, one of his best options is Jax. Here is my reason why.

First, if time properly, Omni man can get an additional 5% damage from his backward grab with Jax ground pound and because he is in the air he does not take any damage…it just disrupts the animation. Also, when Omni man is in flight stance, he is immune to projectiles. When Jax hits the ground, Omni man will automatically avoid it, and if the opponent is standing, they will get hit and Omni Man can then grab them and start a combo, it’s beautiful.

Also, in the corner, Jax Air grab allows Omni Man to get some additional damage and set ups. Jax energy wave allows him to keep some things safe because it’s a chunky mid. The only area Jax really does not address is the fact that Omni man does not have a projectile. You are just doubling down on being a brawler. I love the fact that my backwards grab does 16% damage and I can get 21% damage with the meter on the forward grab. I am just smashing people everywhere.

I definitely think the invincibility to projectiles in flight while Jax is pounding the ground needs to be explored more. I feel like this has the potential to be something really, really dirty.

I don't mean to be rude here but this makes almost no sense. Low Hat alone makes Lao arguably the best kameo for Omni-man. You can make his OH and all his specials safe with it as well as getting solid set play and hard to blockables with his 22 string, F2, stance 3 and BF4 and in general low hat gives insane neutral control that you always have access to because the cooldown is so short. Low hat also jails when you use it after his unsafe low and using it after his 22 string is also decent. Lao is widely regarded as the best Kameo for good reason, no other kameo move in the game is as multi purposeful as Low hat. I agree that striker is also a good pick but scorpion does nothing but give more damage.

Last edited:

NHDR

Noob
Lao is an insanely good kameo for Omni, maybe even the best. His low hat gives Omni so much safety, which he can use in conjunction with his specials.

This is just my opinion, but after playing Omni Man for a few days and experimenting with several different Kameos, in my opinion, one of his best options is Jax. Here is my reason why.

First, if time properly, Omni man can get an additional 5% damage from his backward grab with Jax ground pound and because he is in the air he does not take any damage…it just disrupts the animation. Also, when Omni man is in flight stance, he is immune to projectiles. When Jax hits the ground, Omni man will automatically avoid it, and if the opponent is standing, they will get hit and Omni Man can then grab them and start a combo, it’s beautiful.

Also, in the corner, Jax Air grab allows Omni Man to get some additional damage and set ups. Jax energy wave allows him to keep some things safe because it’s a chunky mid. The only area Jax really does not address is the fact that Omni man does not have a projectile. You are just doubling down on being a brawler. I love the fact that my backwards grab does 16% damage and I can get 21% damage with the meter on the forward grab. I am just smashing people everywhere.

I definitely think the invincibility to projectiles in flight while Jax is pounding the ground needs to be explored more. I feel like this has the potential to be something really, really dirty.
Thought of your post when watching this!

VGY won Grand Finals of Western Europe qualifiers with Omni-man Lao although he used Baraka to get there. Not sure if counter-pick to Tanya/Goro or just something he wanted to try out. The biggest tech innovation I saw was the use of F3, low hat, and then confirm that with BF2 if it hits. It does 18% and it's a safe neutral tool. He used it A LOT in neutral with a few enhanced BF1's in there, too. Backdashing and whiff punishing for the most part.