What's new

General/Other - Scorpion (Old) Scorpion Pre-Release General Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I really liked what we saw of Scorpion yesterday, he looks super fun to use. *pinches salt* Spear looks like it has a lot of start up though, people should fear the random spear :D

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
So uh, given that we are getting a human Scorpion (Hanzo) costume, I think it's safe to rule out the Toasty fatality.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i guess Pako felt it was too strong... Just the idea of it does sound reeeaaaalllllly good tho lol
Either that or maybe now it has spear's proprieties, in MK9 on the tag mode there were moves who shared usage proprieties, like Sub-Zero's Ice Ball and Scorpion's spear and Cyrax Net, you couldn't do a combo using the two moves without reseting the combo, if you used the spear, you wouldn't be able use freeze or net in the same combo, it would count as if the move were used before.

If in MKX spear and Flame aura share the same propriety then Scorpion can't use his spear as a combo starter then use flame aura as a combo extender and if Scorpion use Flame aura as a combo starter then he can't use Spear as a combo extender, using the spear afterwards might trigger as if it was used twice and the spear ender animation would just pop up.

Maybe Pako could confirm, but he is this busy that i would feel blessed if he could take sometime on this matter.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Im eager to see the frames on blocked tele recovery. It looks like it no longer leaves him balled up giving the opponent time to breath and execute a full combo. With more recovery, yolo tele may actually not be a death sentence anymore.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Looks like Scorpion can get some pretty good damage with an x-ray and meterless I'm sure he would probably be able to get around 40%. Is he finally viable? :p

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Here's a video covering all of Scorpions current normals and strings frame data:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I hate when people don't know how to use practice mode.
Sadly the guy in the video sucks, but there is a lot more than that in that video, he just didn't knew it, i might breakdown some good info from the frame data and proprieties i got from the vids.

So I was thinking inferno scorpion was wack.....I was wrong lol. All of his variations seem good and base Scorpion seems good with tele cancel. I wonder if his d4 is plus frames on hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.