What's new

Match Footage - Blood God Old/New Vids, Constructive Criticism Please

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Lotta watching, I skimmed thru and noticed u didn't blow up the f23 gap with lao, u can parry and punish the move on whiff for damage. also between b321 xx spin hat gap. Basically use lao's gaps more to your advantage. Also b122 air grab is not a thing. I don't think pringles knew the matchup well because you were putting yourself at his mercy every time you did b122, b14, or d4. He can reversal spin punish every time free with no consequence. Those were the things I noticed the most after a really quick peek at all the footage.

Lotta watching, I skimmed thru and noticed u didn't blow up the f23 gap with lao, u can parry and punish the move on whiff for damage. also between b321 xx spin hat gap. Basically use lao's gaps more to your advantage. Also b122 air grab is not a thing. I don't think pringles knew the matchup well because you were putting yourself at his mercy every time you did b122, b14, or d4. He can reversal spin punish every time free with no consequence. Those were the things I noticed the most after a really quick peek at all the footage.
Absolutely, a lot of footage. Usually when im bored at work in my office I look for other BG footage to incorporate but theres so few actual matches to pick up on. I believe these vids start at like our 19th match, but I had conditioned him earlier with d4 parry, d4 obsidien totem and b122 ex pizza that he stopped blowing it up altogether. I was using the airgrab and totem for meter building at this point. But good call on f23 can be parried. Gotta work that in on the Lao matchup. He staggered strings just as much as I did that I played it too safe. Keep it coming if you get any more free time to review so I can improve @Generalbit

Generalbit

The thing about reversal spin is that the spin will come out before the pizza hits him off of d4, b122, b12, b14, f34, f1b2, and just about any other string into pizza, except 114 and s4. that's why that matchup is tough for kotal IMO, cuz he has to gimp himself if he wants to do anything in that mu, reversal spin is so damn good against kotal. Also you let him jump in most of the time, b1 is a good AA and in bg can lead to a nice combo into totem setup depending on how ready you are to confirm. f2 also excellent however that one is far more of a read AA not a reactionary.

Say I land a b1 antiair. What is the totem setup that follows? I can imagine something like b1, d1, ex airgrap, f2, b14 airgrab but cant forsee how a totem could be implemented.

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
The thing about reversal spin is that the spin will come out before the pizza hits him off of d4, b122, b12, b14, f34, f1b2, and just about any other string into pizza, except 114 and s4. that's why that matchup is tough for kotal IMO, cuz he has to gimp himself if he wants to do anything in that mu, reversal spin is so damn good against kotal. Also you let him jump in most of the time, b1 is a good AA and in bg can lead to a nice combo into totem setup depending on how ready you are to confirm. f2 also excellent however that one is far more of a read AA not a reactionary.
d3 is a way better AA imo.
You can even get a totem set up in the combo.

Generalbit

If you're ready, b1, f1b2, b122 xx totem
if it just happens and ur not ready b1, b122 totem