What's new

Combo Video - Covert Ops [OLD] Early Covert Ops Combos

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
First thing I could put together for Sonya in the Special Forces variation.

Combo's off of both her overhead and low start. Overhead has great advance on it and goes overhead -> low ->over head, so can be awkward to block, and gives you options to go low again instead of the cartwheel OR combat grab. Military stance seems pretty strong so far.

27% mid screen (off overhead):
b1 3, db2 4, (walk forward) 21, 213, bf4

28% mid screen (off low):
b3 3 2, db2 4, (walk forward) 21, 213, bf4

These can both be ended with just finishing the 213u4 string instead of the bf4 if you don't want to switch sides
These become in the 30's with your jump in and dive kick as well

Last edited:
Nice indeed. Thanks OP.

I can't wait till someone does a guide on her. She has a lot of combos. My main is Covert Ops Sonya, followed by Goro blades variant and probably Takeda whips or Kano Commando

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
Beatiful , the overhead low ms is a beatiful setup , and I love what you done after damage wise ,but I reckon you can get more damage from that , have you tried corner stuff yet I'm intrested and if I can get more damage I'll upload a vid if I can but NICE

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Haven't spent much time in the corner yet, just wanted to get a good fundamental set of something I can do from everywhere.
Corner game I would imagine you want similar starting strings (they're SO GOOD), but follow up the cartwheel with something like a JIP 12, 213 bf4. Not sure what dmg looks like.

One thing I'm pretty concerned about is the BnB finisher AFTER the cartwheel lands. I feel like what I did can't be optimal, but any neutral air move lands in a splat and ends the combo, and other options simply don't do as much damage as the 213 leg grab (f3 OR f2 leg grab OR JIP Air grab all came up less). Think this will be a lot different in the corner though.

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
I
Haven't spent much time in the corner yet, just wanted to get a good fundamental set of something I can do from everywhere.
Corner game I would imagine you want similar starting strings (they're SO GOOD), but follow up the cartwheel with something like a JIP 12, 213 bf4. Not sure what dmg looks like.

One thing I'm pretty concerned about is the BnB finisher AFTER the cartwheel lands. I feel like what I did can't be optimal, but any neutral air move lands in a splat and ends the combo, and other options simply don't do as much damage as the 213 leg grab (f3 OR f2 leg grab OR JIP Air grab all came up less). Think this will be a lot different in the corner though.
I had an issue with that and plus the leg grab takes them out the corner were as I , would like to maintain her pressure , plus I'm pretty sure there's more that we can do with sonyas damage , question is who will find it first ? , your insight in which people can do after hit confirming pressure will no doubtbly help to find some ground breaking stuff with the amazing sonya :)

Slayhawk84

Yup, still a noob.
Thanks for posting this OP. I was going to post the same combo last night but didn't have posting privileges yet. I look forward to working with you guys and uncovering all Sonya's tricks and combos.

EDIT: I've been using 4 instead of 3 for the second hit on the first overhead combo. (b1 4, db2 4...)

Last edited:
Heyo! Just a slight variation on a combo you posted I found when messing around last night. For the low starter, after the juggle 2 1, you can end with a throw if you hit them early enough. Gets you 29 I believe (at work) and allows you to knock them away if you'd like.

Funny how it seems everyone is ending up at around the same combos! I look forward to exploring the character with you guys!

EDIT: Gets you 30%!

Last edited:
27% mid screen (off overhead):
b1 3, db2 4, (walk forward) 21, 213, bf4
So for the combo posted above in the OP qoute. I was wondering, if anybody is fast enough on the inputs, to replace the final two inputs of (213, bf4) with (db2, 1) essentially, her command grab out of military stance as he is falling back down from being juggled.

I am still a noob with beyond horrible execution. So maybe someone here can try it out and get back to me on that in regards to if it's doable and the damage percentage.

So for the combo posted above in the OP qoute. I was wondering, if anybody is fast enough on the inputs, to replace the final two inputs of (213, bf4) with (db2, 1) essentially, her command grab out of military stance as he is falling back down from being juggled.

I am still a noob with beyond horrible execution. So maybe someone here can try it out and get back to me on that in regards to if it's doable and the damage percentage.
Definitely possible! In the corner you can do (bear with me, I'm not used to this game's notation) dive kick > back 3, 3, 2 > db2, 4 > jf 1 or 2 > 3, 2 > db2, 1 for 30%. You can do the same thing minus the jump forward anywhere for 29%.

Timing seems to be TIGHT, though.

My bnbs so far

Starter is either b14 (overhead low)or b22(low mid)
Mid screen:

Starter-db2-4-f2-124(hard knockdown and you can either pary wake up or go for a mixup)(24%)
Starter-db2-4-f2-12-bf4(switch sides)(26%)

Corner:

Starter- db2-4-f2-12-12-12-124(28-29%)
Pary- same-40%

Definitely possible! In the corner you can do (bear with me, I'm not used to this game's notation) dive kick > back 3, 3, 2 > db2, 4 > jf 1 or 2 > 3, 2 > db2, 1 for 30%. You can do the same thing minus the jump forward anywhere for 29%.

Timing seems to be TIGHT, though.
Nice! Yea, I figured it was tight. The opportunity window is small as hell.

OP,
You may want to start copying pasting the new combos as they arrive onto your first page. Keep things nice and tighty. The influx of combos are about to start popping up.

In regards to what @PieCrusader pointed out. We keep running across the same combos to a certain extent. But, Covert Ops has a gazillion combos and basics (normals):

Final Drill: f3,3,u4
Armed Forces: f3,3,b4
Alert Force: f3,3,2,4
Suppression: f3,3,2,1,2
Extraction: f3,3,2

These are just a few I've picked out of her list. We have a crapload more to play with in terms of exploration and what synergizes with what. Get creative you pros.

UPDATE:
Found a corner pop up but my weak noob execution prevents me from advancing with a good follow up. Maybe you guys can figure the rest out to extend it:

In the corner:
b3,3,2,db2,3 (pops opponent up) ...

UPDATE 2:
In the corner, Suppression aka: f3,3,2,1,2 {synergizes wonderfully if you get the knockdown with} db2,1 (Military Stance command grab) but only if they block low, if they just crouch, it whiffs. And of course, standing they will get caught.

Last edited:

Glass Sword

Nobody
-> = cancel
- = no cancel
Corner -
Starter -> Military Stance 3 (low launcher) - walk forward very slightly - 12 - 12 - 12 -124
Starter -> Military Stance 4 (Overhead Launcher) - Jump Forward Kick - Land - 12 -12 -21up4
Swag combo
Starter -> Military Stance 4 (Overhead) - Jump Forward Kick - Land - D2 - 1 -> Leg Grab
Edit
You may be able to end these in 111-grab as well. Can't test it right now.