What's new

Old dude checkin' in

After lurking around here and learning a hell of a lot about this game from you guys, I thought it would be polite to at least say Hi, and thanks for sharing such a vast amount of MK knowledge.

I'm new to this site, to MK9, and to Xbox live, but have played a fair amount of fighting games since Streetfighter first came out on nintendo a couple decades ago. My boy whipped my ass constantly, but eventually we got to 50/50. Ten years later, I got my first big screen TV and Killer Instinct. I won a lot of beer beating up all my buddies on that game. I also dropped many fistfuls of quarters in the original MK game when it first came out back in the olden days. Usually had to wait in line to play. Fun times.

Another ten years without playing anything and now, I find myself hooked on this game. A couple months ago I thought I was getting pretty good beating the ladder on "medium" and doing OK on "hard". It was like the old days. I was feeling a little cocky, so for the first time ever, I plugged the xbox into my network, went online and was THOROUGHLY humbled, getting my ass viciously handed to me many many times in a row. Maybe I'm just too old (45). The reflexes aren't what they used to be, and the thumbs.. how the hell do you guys use these controllers so fast??

So I do some research, find this site, take notes, practice, and have some very generous "friends" online who have helped coach me in the ways of Kombat. (Thanks RT) Wax on, wax off, snatch the pebble from the hand, walk on the rice paper without it tearing (Old people will get this), and now, I am well on my way up to "sucks" level, which is a big improvement from a couple months ago. I even manage a win about one out of a half dozen times with my hyper, but accident-prone Sonya. I'm afraid she will have to "do this the hard way" with me at the controls.

Any other old folks out there like me who still play with toys? Is there an old duffer room for fighters over 40? Look-up DucOtto on XBL late night on the west coast. I'll probably be in the back of a line in the beginners room waiting for my arthritic, liver-spotted hands to cool down before it's my turn again..

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
lol

There is plenty of us in our 30's, maybe a couple older than that. No problems.

But Welcome to TYM!!! :coffee: