What's new

Oki

Okizeme is just a blanket term for your options post-knockdown and, by association, a term for your offensive options when they are knocked down.

In Tekken 5 DR, for instance, if I'm Ganryu and you've just gotten d+1'd, you can choose to:

A.) Tech, in which case I can probably go for a crossover jumpkick tech-trap

B.) Lay there, in which case I can hit you with whatever I want from d,f+3 to 1+2

C.) Roll to the right/left, in which case I can nail you with d+1 and any move that tracks in the correct direction.

D.) Get-up kicks, in which case I can block and re-launch that ass.

E.) Back roll, in which case you can eat a f+2, a dash 1+2 or a dash d+1+2, etc

etc etc etc

There are counters for everything, and counters for those counters. Knowing your options and how your opponent plays wake-up situations is tantamount to domination.

Theme

Noob
Okizeme is just a blanket term for your options post-knockdown and, by association, a term for your offensive options when they are knocked down.
Still not quite understanding it. Im not a Tekken player either, so I dont know the reference xD.

So I got an idea... Basically Ok is what YOU can do when your OPPONENT is on the ground??

D

Deleted member 5032

Still not quite understanding it. Im not a Tekken player either, so I dont know the reference xD.

So I got an idea... Basically Ok is what YOU can do when your OPPONENT is on the ground??
It just refers to the specific match game that occurs when one character is on the ground. You can think of it as defensive and offensive oki. If you are the character who is on the ground you would be engaged in defensive oki because you need to safely get out of your situation. If you are the one standing, you are engaged in offensive oki because you have and advantage over your opponent and you want to keep that advantage. It's almost a game in and of itself because the pace of a match changes as soon as a character hits the ground. The downed character is trying to guess what the standing character will do and compensate, and the standing character is trying to guess what the downed character will do and compensate. I hope that helps.