What's new

Strategy - Reptile OFIDYAN's Reptile Matchup Thread

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
Look at this nonsense guys, clon working too properly here in my opinion:
This has never happened before last patch, Paolo safe us, here is too cold)))

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Some Jaqui stuff (Full Auto):

Focused on getting in, since up close it's the standard reptile mindgame.

Slide:

* should be rarely used here because most full auto veterans will keep you out of range while using machinegun
* if you do slide out of range, you'll rise with your face in the last bullets from her machine gun
* once you get in range, it becomes a mind game to read their machine gun, a mind game in which they are at a huge advantage. If they do machine gun and you didn't read it, they didn't lose much, but if they read your slide you'll get 38%d for free.
* ex version is borderline useless unless you close a match or you put them in the corner. You just chunk them for a small life percent and you're back where you started from. If you think about running after ex slide to get in they'll roll wake up machinegun and own you. You could try at first to see if they do it or not, but it should be used scarcely nevertheless.

Pounce:

* After the patch, this move is safe on block, but still doesn't hit full screen and it's -7 on block.
* Best move to get in after a machine gun when not full screen, but the problem is you've just opened yourself to 1212 shenanigans. You just got in but now you have to guess her followups to start your pressure. Guess wrong, and you're back where you started from, minus 35-38% life
* Ex pounce gets knicked by machinegun if they shoot you before you get off the ground, so I wouldn't reccomend wasting meter on it

Dash:

* You can't dash after a whiffed machinegun since you get hit in the face with the next one. Don't use unless in special situations (see below).
* You can't punish a machinegun unless you're point blank when she does it. Otherwise she'll block in time and welcome 40%. At least this keps her from canceling all her strings in machinegun to make her safe.

Ball:

* yea right
* the only situation when you can use this, is that after a ducked non blocked machinegun, you can trade ex fastball with the next machinegun. This trade gives you enough time to recover and run up for a full combo if you're not at perfectly max range (if you're at max range, you will take all the bullets and get stuned, so you can only do a slide). This works wonders, but they really have to commit to the second machinegun to trade. Otherwise, you can slide behind the ball to get in and avoid her machineguning you when you run.

Spit:

* the only thing left that doesn't make you feel completely useless
* after the patch it got a huge damage buff, which helps us a lot here
* throw one or two after a whiffed machinegun for a trade. Once they see the trade is hugely in your favor, they stop doing it and wait to absorb it.
* this is your chance to quickly do a dash while they look for your spit. You've covered a lot of ground and you're in range to anti-air them with an ex claw if they jump in on you (that is if they're bad)
* Unfortunately, this leaves you in a mixup again. They can do machinegun, which you can not punish with dash at this range, or they can start doing uprocket to read your dash so you run face first into it. You're still not out of the woods yet, since a wrong guess here will again put you back to square one. They can also run up and 1212 directly if they see you hesitate.
* This is the time to use f21 (and if you're deceptive, you can ex invis to finally start your mixups and beat her into the ground). If you're not deceptive, then at least you're close and ready to start the usual poking or crossup mindgame.

It's a hard matchup since you basically have to guess right every time if you don't want to play frogger constantly. Her damage output is bigger than yours at all times so you always have to look out for that 40% lurking in the shadows. Just remember to always end your combos in force ball so you can run up and continue pressure.

I hope this helps you with the matchup. However since I only have one sparring partner which uses Jaqui I might have talked out of my ass on some of the information so feel free to correct me if something doesn't work.

Last edited: