What's new

Official: Cyrax match up thread!

spin4u

Noob
I looked around and couldn't find a match up thread. All I see is bomb trap threads and not really match up threads. If you guys would like to post up your thoughts it would be much appreciated and ill update this thread as I get more and more replies.

Against......
Reptile. Avoid trying to jump over acid balls. Use your close bomb to build meter because reptile can do easily 35% combos with no meter.
Use bomb traps to make him jump and try to catch his net. Always punish to the max on a blocked elbow dash. If he has 2 bars and you catch him with a 2~1, use ex net to drain his meter. While net is draining you can do 2 Aa grabs to build meter into combo.
Sub-Zero.Keep Sub Zero away from you and force him to make mistakes. Place random bombs on the screen when you are at safe distance. Place a close bomb and stay around it when approaching him. You can catch him with the net on his wakeup slide.
Nightwolf Be careful on your distance when placing bombs or net. His ex shoulder covers a good 60% of the screen, I prefer to keep my distance with bombs and shooting nets. Forcing him to jump or use lightning. If you can read that he is about to do lightning or ex version jump and teleport and punish fully. On his wake up game use c.4 instead of upper cutting to dash in and do 1.1 or grab/cc

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Personally i've always found sub zero kind of an easy matchup...noob and ermac are the ones that really piss me off...depends on your style playing

Raven3r

Noob
Sub Zero has always been alright for me as well, helps that a friend mains him and I have a lot of experience against him though. A well played Kenshi, Johnny Cage, Noob and Jade are the ones that give me the most trouble.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Sub Zero has always been alright for me as well, helps that a friend mains him and I have a lot of experience against him though. A well played Kenshi, Johnny Cage, Noob and Jade are the ones that give me the most trouble.
Yeah, you keep beating me :(

But I think I won once with Kenshi against you... but it was laggy :(

In my opinion, a good Sub-Zero is a nightmare only if he manages to get in on you, since Cyrax's wakeup options suck and good ones require meter like EX-ragdoll or EX-teleport. Also Sub-Zero's mixup pressure game in the right hands is wicked. In this match, you wan't to keep Sub Zero away from you and force him to make mistakes. Place random bombs on the screen when you are at safe distance. A few bombs of pressure and maybe you can get lucky and net him if he jumps or maybe you catch him off guard. As strange as this may sound, you may want to play footsies with him from time to time. Think of your close bomb and other bombs as Sub'z ice clone, lay a close bomb and stay around it when approaching him. Make him respect your net. You can catch him with the net on his wakeup slide. If he's ice clone happy, don't be afraid to throw in a teleport to get in on him and low poke/ragdoll him or throw him. In this match you have to be patient, careful and make good reads, but then again, so does Sub-Zero. From far Cyrax can force sub to move around alot and jump, and Sub doesn't like that, he hates playing on people's terms. Don't get too net happy, Sub Can trade Ice balls with nets and watch out when throwing bombs, if too close, you can eat a slide and the pressure will ensue. I think it's a pretty even matchup and it might be a little in Cyrax's favor. Cyrax seems to have the tools to keep Sub guessing in this one. Now, take this with a grain of salt, I'm no expert and I haven't really fought an expert sub, just decent ones.