What's new

General/Other Official Critique my Rain

SaJa

FH_FenriR
You never use b2, 3. Yet it's very good to do right after a tp, do it twice before making b2, b2+1 to get your opponent with that overhead when he will blocks down on the 3rd time you hit.

Also, I think that you use too much the ex-geyser as a wake up. Try to save your meter doing normal geyser to spend it on ex-superkick which is better to make combot when your opponent is rushing you.

When your opponent makes a lot of zoning (as sektor on your vid) you can rush him starting by an ex-tp istead of a simple one.

b2 1+2 or 3 is supposed is fuzzy guardable, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. You don't see people fuzzy guarding it that much anyways lol

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Thanks for the comments everyone. Planning on using Rain all the way on this tourney Im joining... hope I do good.

Marcus

Used him in yesterday's tournament! We made it Rain! lol

Marcus

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Here are some video if my matche too any comment to help is appreciated.
I don't have much time, but here's a couple of things on the first video that I noticed.

Your Air-to-Air punches could be followed with 4xxLightning, 43xxbubble (14%) instead of 4xxBubble (7%)

EDIT: I was playing around in the lab right after I wrote this and found another air-to-air combo. As soon as you land: Dash B2, 1+2, 4,3xxlightning, Bubble. (17%) I was getting it consistently, but probably isn't worth the extra 3%...

1:15
NJP could be combo'd into 43 RH, 43 bubble for more damage before the reset. I doesn't look like he would've been able to break before the bubble (I think)

BookBurning

Voidwards
Quantus is correct about the punishment options and also use EX geyser kick more often. I'm aware it's punishable but when Jax, or any pressure character in general wont' get off of you, it's your best tool to shrug pressure off of you and allow you to regain your composure. I noticed you going for some RH cancel pressure into mixup which was great as well so thumbs up man, you're on the right track.

Also a tool you need to learn is to absorb attacks with EX RH armor dash while countering with a full combo while they're attacking, it's awesome for just completely bypassing whatever they're doing and getting in a combo of your own. You have the jist of things down though, just practice comboing off of anti air punches. Dash forward 1, 43 waterball, or if they're too far away a simple 4 into lightning works wonders as well.

Edit: Also use 33 more, it's recovery is awful so cancel into RH if you have to but in terms of startup frames, it's one of Rain's quickest moves.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Heh, your post reminded me of things I've been neglecting.

Ex-RH cancel into a combo is something I'm still working on myself. Hard to make a habit out of it. Same with the 33, it's a tool that I often forget I have (against reptile I tend to remember I have it, though)

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I played Gamerblake90 tonight on his stream, so i have some gameplay of my rain =)

http://www.twitch.tv/gamerblake90/b/315552265

if it's not the first video it's in the archive should say it was record on 4/20 ( haha )
it starts at 0:29 and ends at 0:38 tell me what you guys think

FYI i dropped a quite a few combos and my internet sucks so it was pretty laggy

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
In the corner after launching with b2,1+2 or 1,2,f4 using; 2, 4,3xxGeyser, 4,3xxLightning, 4,3xxGeyser does more damage than 4,3xxGeyser x3 or even 4,3xxGeyser x2 4,3xxLightning, 4,3xxGeyser and is easier to land than the latter.
The best damage from b2,1+2/1,2,f4 in the corner; 2, 4,3xxGeyser, 4,3xxBubble, 4,3xxLightning, 4,3xxGeyser. However the timing is very strict to catch them in the bubble and if it whiffs you can be full combo punished.