What's new

Tech Odd Splat Properties of F3, F3

Disclaimer: I'm not a Shazam player and don't know much about him so I don't know if this is of any real value, but I noticed this while fiddling around in practice. Figured it would be best for people familiar with him to decide if it was worthwhile tech :)

I noticed if you do an F3 and then immediately follow up with an F3, the opponent can end up in three different states.
1. The most likely state is how F3, F3 works for most characters, the opponent is splatted a couple feet away from you in an untechable knockdown.
2. If timed correctly, Shazam will clip half way between the opponent during the untechable splat. Shazam's animation still shows him facing the direction he was facing when he did the second F3, and likewise, his opponent's splat animation shows them still facing the direction they were facing when they got hit. However, he has actually crossed up his opponent and is very ambiguously on the other side. If the opponent is unaware that they have been crossed up, if they attempt to do their wakeup attack from their original side the wakeup will fail and they are open for further attacks.
ie: Shazam is on the left and Hawkgirl is on the right. Shazam connects with F3, F3. Shazam is facing right, and is now on the right side of Hawkgirl. Hawkgirl is facing left (in splat, feet left head right) and is on the left side of Shazam. In order to block meaty wakeup pressure, Hawkgirl must hold L to block incoming mids and overheads, LL to do a wakeup backdash, and LR2 instead of RL2 to get a wakeup mace charge.
3. If timed poorly, Shazam's second F3 will hit the opponent in sort of an OTG manner. The opponent will almost immediately get up from wakeup and, from what I can tell, is able to immediately punish Shazam while he is still recovering from F3.

Scenario 1 probably doesn't offer much and 3 is detrimental, but scenario 2 might open up some nonsense for people who don't know how to react. In scenario 2, it appears you will have enough time to use trait after the second F3 connects. Like I said, I don't know much about Shazam so I'm not familiar with what your options would be at this point, but unless the opponent is actively aware of this trick and waking up or backdashing correctly, you will get another opportunity for an F3, spam traited D1s, or whatever else your other options are (I'm not kidding when I say I don't know anything about how to play Shazam!)

Here's a video demonstrating this in action (make sure annotations are on):

Again, not sure of the practicality and it seems to be difficult to consistently get the crossup scenario to occur, but maybe you Shazam players know something I don't and can turn this into something good!

Additionally, I believe F3 cannot be clashed so this could potentially be used as a match ender. I think F3, F3 followed by trait wakeup F3, F3 will do a total of 45%.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
this is good info and afaik it applies to all characters when they do B3 or F3 > F3.

Like in the trait setup tech I posted the other day you have to hit the F3 asap after the B3.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
I've done this too. I found it with b3 to f3. I was testing knockdowns at different points in the f3 and with Shazam, Supes, and Cyborg was able to OTG them with a very late just frame f3