What's new

[Oct 27] GGA's Windy City Showdown Tournament, Battle 3 (Brookfield, IL)

CurlyW

Noob
Galloping Ghost Arcade and Medina4Life present:
Windy City Showdown Tournament

Thursday, October 27th: Halloween Havoc

Galloping Ghost Arcade
9415 Ogden Avenue
Brookfield, IL 60513
708-485-4700
www.gallopingghostarcade.com

Not "just casuals" this week. It's tournament time.

The Tournaments: Three will be held, in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Mortal Kombat 9.

The Setups: PLEASE BRING EQUIPMENT! If you have a system, game disc, monitor, or cables and you can bring them to the event, please do. We want to make sure we have enough set-ups for both the tournament matches as well as casuals. Be sure to bring your own stick or pad as well.

The Systems: SSF4: AE and MvC3 will be held on both systems, but stream matches will be held only on XBox 360. Please be prepared to have to play matches on both systems, especially the 360 since it's more common and will be preferred for those two games. If your controller only permits you to play on one system, please inform the tournament organizer when you sign up for the tournament. MK9 will be held almost entirely on PS3, including the stream, with the 360 only used in case of overflow and if both players agree to it.

The Price: Entry is $5 per tournament you enter plus a $5 venue fee. Venue fee should be paid to the front desk upon entering Galloping Ghost Arcade. The tournament entry fee should be paid upon signing up for entry into the bracket(s).

The Payout: All tournaments will pay 70/20/10 for top 3 finishers, plus a bonus $5 (for 16-31 entrants) or $10 (for 32 or more entrants) each to all top 4 finishers.

The NEW UPDATED Schedule:
3:30 pm - Venue doors open
5:30 pm - Most people arrive
6:30 pm - Sign-up starts for all tournaments
8:00 pm - MK9 tournament begins
8:05 pm - SSF4: AE tournament begins
9:15 pm - MvC3 tournament begins

Early Sign-up: If you do not think that you will be able to make it to the venue on time or you would just prefer to have your name entered early, please notify the tournament organizer ahead of time (see below) so you will be entered into the bracket.

The Volunteers: We will need volunteers to help out with the duty of running brackets. Please contact the tournament organizer (see below) if you are willing to volunteer. Take note that if you are entered into a tournament, you will not be permitted to run the bracket for that tournament unless there is another volunteer--possibly also entered into the same tournament--available to assist you.

The Rules: All tournaments are double elimination. Matches are best 2 out of 3 games format. After a game, the losing player may change his character(s). The winning player play may not change his character(s), though he may change his Ultra (in SSF4) or his assists (in MvC3). Grand finals will be best 3 out of 5 games. In SSF4: AE, Blanka's 3rd alternate costume is banned. In Mortal Kombat, Kratos and the Street Stage are banned. Also for Mortal Kombat, all Kombat Kodes are banned except for No Blood (900 900), which is encouraged. PS3 Dualshock Wireless controllers are permitted only with a connecting cord and with the understanding that they must remain off when they are not being used. Failure to turn off a Dualshock controller after a match may result in forfeiting that match. If any irregularities or disputes occur, the players involved should attempt to resolve them among themselves. If they cannot, only then may it be referred to the tournament organizer.

The Stream: Stream will be provided by Medina4Life, www.justin.tv/medina4life.

The Tournament Organizers:
Max aka CurlyW (Phone 301 404 0316, E-mail [email protected])
Domingo aka Tactics (Phone 630 433 6979, E-mail [email protected])

If you have any questions or concerns about the event, please contact one of the tournament organizers.

Hope to see everyone there. Let's have a real good time.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I will try my best to get out there. Its about 50 miles from me so not too bad of a drive, but I gotta get things situated at work. Glad to see more Chicago area tourneys lately.

CurlyW

Noob
Apparently Freddy Krueger is fixed now, so he's no longer banned. I forgot to include the Street Stage on the banned list originally, so it's there now instead.

CurlyW

Noob
I decided to make a change to the tournament schedule for next week's contest at Galloping Ghost Arcade.

Due to the larger numbers of younger people who attend the tournament for MK instead of the Capcom games (and the overall smaller number of total entrants), I'm swapping the schedule around so that MK will be the first tournament to start at 8:00. Marvel will start shorty after--if not simultaneously--and AE will begin just over an hour later.

If this is especially unpopular with many people I will revert to the old schedule. Otherwise, I think this schedule will be better both for both the attendees and the stream.

leek

Kombatant
Oh sweet man, that was always sort of an issue for me. Had to leave before I could watch top 8. Works for me :D

CurlyW

Noob
Just made one more small change that probably doesn't affect many people on this site.

SSF4 will now start with MK9 at 8. MvC3 will start later at 9:15. Just wanted to keep everyone abreast of the situation.