What's new

[Oct 27, 2012] Fright Fight at GGA (Brookfield, IL)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
Rushfest and Galloping Ghost Arcade Presents:​
Fright Fight
Saturday, October 27th

Galloping Ghost Arcade​
9415 Ogden Avenue​
Brookfield, IL 60513​
708-485-4700​

Here you have it everyone, the very first tournament on a Saturday at Galloping Ghost Arcade(console room). Galloping Ghost Arcade has been helping the scene bloom here in Chicago for a while now and with that said they ain't stopping there! Fright Fight is the first of a series that will be full of great games and times. We have many games to enter, chose your poison and remember, 2 man enter, 1 man leave!

GGA is pleased to announce that we are getting a big passenger Van that could sit close to 11-15 people in it. The plan is to pick up people from the City at a specific location to bring them to the event and will also drop them off to the location after the event is done. More info soon as its available!

Tournaments List
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v. 2012 (XBox)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (XBox)
Persona 4 Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (PS3)
King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Naruto GNT4 (GC)
Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus(System TBA)
Super Street Fighter 3 Third Strike(360)
Soul Caliber V(PS3)
Dead or Alive 5(PS3)
Capcom vs SNK 2(PS2)
Marvel vs Capcom 2(360) if time permits will do this too!

Pricing
$5 = Party Room Venue, after that its $10 per game tournament you want to join. You can only participate in the Party Room Events(cant touch cabinets)

$15 (Save $5)= Party Room Venue, Galloping Ghost Arcade Venue(you can play on all the cabinets) and also lets you enter all of the GGA cabinet tournaments they run. It normally cost you $15 to enter the arcade area only, this is a special offer for the day! You going to be there for a while might as well play some games on the cabinets

Payout
70/20/10 split for the pot in each game tournament!

EXTRA POT BONUS INFORMATION
So I decided it was only fair to award the game with MOST ENTRANTS a $100 pot bonus, the next 4 with MOST ENTRANTS will get $50 extra added to the pot. You want the pot bonus? Support your game then by helping promote the event for your game!!

Preliminary Schedule
11:00 am - Doors Open
11:30 am - Sign-up starts for all tournaments
12:30 pm - Sign-up ends for SSF4: AE12, Persona 4, MK9
1:00 pm - SSF4: AE12, Tekken Tag 2, MK9, and Persona 4 tournaments begin
4:30 pm - Sign-up ends for UMvC3, KoF, Naruto GNT4, and SC5
5:00 pm - UMvC3, KoF, Naruto GNT4, and SC5 tournaments begin
8:30 pm - CvS2, SF3:3S, Guilty Gear XXACR, DoA5 sign-ups end
9:00 pm - CvS2, SF3:3S, Guilty Gear XXACR, DoA5 tournaments begin
2:00 am - Venue closes(will stay open till we done though)

Call for Volunteers
We will need a lot of volunteers in order to make this tournament run. First, we need a bunch of people to bring systems and set-ups. We cannot run this tournament without systems and set-ups. Please bring systems if you can!!! We also need people to help out to help out with the duty of running brackets. Please post in the thread if you are willing to volunteer for any of these duties.

General Rules
PS3 Dualshock Wireless controllers are permitted only with a connecting cord and with the understanding that they must remain off when they are not being used. If any irregularities or disputes occur, the players involved should attempt to resolve them among themselves. If they cannot, only then may it be referred to the tournament organizer.

Naruto GNT 4 Singles

Double Elimination
3/5 Rounds
2/3 matches winners/losers - bracket
3/5 matches winners/losers/grand - finals
90 Seconds
Damage Setting 2
Winner keeps character, loser may change Stage or Character, but NEVER both.
Stage is always random, unless both players agree.
Bath house stage is BANNED
ANY GLITCH THAT CAUSES IRREGULAR PLAY IN UNIVERSAL SYSTEM MECHANICS IS BANNED
Akamaru and Karasu are BANNED

Stream
The tournament will be streamed at twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

Food
GGA does have Pizza/Drinks/Snacks available for people attending and not wanting to go far for it! There is a Chinese restaurant next door though, 2 Mexican restaurants within a block a way, Thai Restaurant 1 block away, and a Bar and Grill called Brixie's 2 blocks away.

Tournament Organizers
Mike aka Dark Kakashi(E-mail [email protected])
Max aka CurlyW (Phone 301-404-0316, E-mail [email protected], Twitter @maxwasserman)
Domingo aka Tactics (Phone 630-433-6979, E-mail [email protected], Twitter @IPG_Rushfest)

If you have any questions or concerns about the event, please contact one of the tournament organizers.

Hope to see everyone there.​

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'll be there with bells on.

.....................or my cheap looking $20 Sub-Zero costume. Whichever is less noisy.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Gonna see who in my group is going, and then hitch a ride if possible. I'm def. interested though.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Confirmed. Hopefully I can get more casuals going with you guys.

I COULD bring a system, but I have no tv.....it would also be exclusive to mk, since I don't have many other fighters and I don't want people putting umvc3 in and taking 40 minutes to update like it did at my charity tournament.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

After looking at the SRK thread for this event, it's sounding like this is going to have a HUGE turn out. A REALLY huge turn out.

.....as in a fire code violation turn out. lol

And I will be more than happy to contribute to that violation. :D

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Think that it will be possible to squeeze in either a single or double elim MK 9 Tag Team tourney on the cabinet?