What's new

[Oct 16, 2015] CANCELLED Mortal Kombat X Pomona (Pomona, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qiom

Noob
Time to TEST YOUR MIGHT! I will be hosting a MKX tournament on Friday, September 25th. Show your support for the SoCal scene and come on by. After this event, I will continue to host biweekly tournaments. Show how great you are and get known! We will be streaming matches on twitch, and have many self-proclaimed champions showing up. We will have 2 setups available, but have room for up to 8.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/qiom
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMFN_4vTo7R3acxQgBBwfRQ
challonge: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ZPyG74cdSY
gofundme: gofund.me/z6g7p8n3

Address: 2310 S. Gambier Dr. Pomona, CA 91766

Venue Rules:
This will be held in my friend's backyard, so please respect the household. No drugs or alcohol is allowed, so DON'T ASK. We'll be selling soda and water for $1, and as for food, there's an In-N-Out and a Tacos Mexico nearby. You're more than welcome to bring your own food, but please clean up after yourself.

Times:
5:00pm - Venue opens. Come by early for practice, friendlies, or money matches.
6:00pm - Sign-ups begin.
6:30pm - Roll call for entrants
7:00pm - Tournament Begins
After 7pm, we will not be accepting entries.
EXCEPTION: If you call me (don't text, CALL) beforehand and let me know you'll be running late, I will sign you up. You can also RSVP your spot by texting, emailing me, or messaging me on facebook before the event day. I will accept pre-registrations.

Game Rules:
1. 90 seconds
2. Best 2 out of 3 rounds
3. Best 2 out of 3 games for pools
4. Best 3 out of 5 games for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals
5. Winner must keep the same character and variation, loser can switch characters
6. Interactables On
7. Bring your own controller! We will not be providing any spare controllers/fight sticks, so come prepared!
8. DLC Characters will NOT be included this time.

Prices/Payouts
$5.00 Venue fee - Everybody that's going to play, whether you participate in the tournament or not, MUST pay venue fee. If you'll only be spectating, you can watch without paying.
$5.00 Pot fee - This money will go to the total payouts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place as follows:
1st - %60
2nd - %30
3rd - %10
Payouts may be changed to allow 4th or 5th if there are a large amount of players.

Discounts:
We will have 2 PS4's with the game available. If you want to bring your own setup (must include PS4/XB1, monitor, and MKX game), and are able to let us use it for the entire tournament, we will refund your venue fee at the end of the tournament. We have room for up to 8 stations, so if you bring it, we'll most likely use it. Remember, the more setups we have, the faster we can get this done! And you'll pay $5 instead of $10, so it's killing 2 birds with 1 stone!

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, contact me, David Mejia. Feel free to contact me through facebook, phone, or email. I might be busy, but I will most definitely answer within a 24 hour period. If you're calling me directly, I prefer any time before 5pm, as I will most likely be working.
CONTACT INFO:
email: [email protected]
phone number (text preferred): (909)242-3639

Qiom

Noob
Sorry everybody, but the MKX tournaments are cancelled until further notice. I'm trying to get an actual venue because the backyard isn't working for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.