What's new

NW Corner Glitch

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
So i was playing a reptile earlier. Had him in the corner and as i hit F3 i suddenly switched sides then obviously 1 and 2 then missed opening me up for combo and landing me in the corner losing me the game.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is it something to do with reptiles hitbox?

Ill try and get it recorded if possible but this happened 3 times in that 1 match.

F3 hits as normal then switch into the corner missing the other 2 hits. Annoying.

leek

Noob
So, it'd be safe to say that it would also work on Sektor/Quan Chi/Jax(sort of) and Ermac then?

Karnage

So, it'd be safe to say that it would also work on Sektor/Quan Chi/Jax(sort of) and Ermac then?
in theory i guess so! im having trouble doing it again even though i managed it 3 times in one match, cant do it in training mode.

I think it happened when i interrupted a wakeup, hard to remember as i was just like WTF at the time lol.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Nightwolf is messed up. It's like NRS neglected this character alot. Sometimes you don't switch sides when crossing an opponent before a JIP. The first hit of 122 whiffs after a JIP if you don't do it early enough (but still counts as a full combo!?). That corner shit you said, plus his alternate costume is just messed up. Still love the character but damn he's f**ked. Also sometimes after a back+2, your axe won't come out even tho the button input log says you did it correctly and you did it really fast. It's like the timing is ridiculously strict or it just randomly drops it. I also noticed it happens more often when Nightwolf is facing the right side of the screen. His shoulder just goes right through other character's moves (like reptile's dash, raiden's superman) etc...

I assume NW wasn't very popular among the testers just as he's not very popular among the players. Unless I'm the one doing something wrong...

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I understand why you say that nervosis but I tend to think the opposite. I think NW is one of the most complete characters in the game who hasn't changed much since game release because of how well he was put together. The reptile dash trade with shoulder happens with any super fast special like that...raidens super man does the same thing.

Yes timing is strict on his moves and specials due to negative edge but I still play him at a high level. I feel the same way about quan chi,

Karnage

Yeah i know what you mean, this happens to me alot, and always seems to be on wakeup...due to invincibility frames???

Also armor on shoulder seems to be buggy as well, sometimes i get hit with a projectile and it stops and i look at the meter and think ive been robbed!

NW does has some weird timing but i like that hes not dial a combo, timing comes with practice and it took me a while to get the b2 + axe like you said about, thats probably the hardest thing with NW

Fly is right though, he hasnt changed much - even in the last patch, think hes been spot on minus the armor on ex shoulder/choke since release.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Not denying that he's balanced. It's just some stuff is just plain weird like the wiffing 1 in 122 after a JIP. If you do the JIP at the last second, the JIP connects, but the first 1 in the 122 misses because the hitbox of your opponent moved too far away because of the initial JIP's pushback. It still counts as a full combo tho, minus the damage of that extra 1.

Also, when you D1 really fast Nightwolf moves forward a bit every time.
Liu Kang and Jax also do this. Liu Kang is the worst. Scorpion does it too but it's barely noticeable

These characters are obviously not supposed to move forward when doing a D1, because if you do it slowly and let the animation finish completely, they don't move.

This is caused by the D1 recovery animation not having time to finish completely before you do another D1.
Basically what happens is the animation starts again prematurely on your second D1, but from your actual position instead of the position of the first frame.
It probably happens because the animation contains more frames than the move's actual recovery time.

Example: Move recovers in 6, animation lasts 8. So every time you repeat the move you'd find yourself two frames ahead in your character's position

It's kinda weird that some animations last longer than the move's actual recovery time. Maybe when they changed some move's recovery frame data at one point they didn't adjust the animations accordingly. This does give Nightwolf an advantage tho so it's cool. If you D1 poke your opponent, every consecutive hit gets a bit of extra range.

In some games like Dungeon Hunter you can abuse buggy animations like that to actually move through collision areas and go to places where you're not supposed to. I wonder if you could slowly D1 your way through the borders of the map if you didn't have an opponent in front of you.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Every character has animations like this. F3 is the same thing. Dash out of f3 and the animations cancel out. Not weird and defiantly not specific to nw only. It is universal across the whole cast.

With the jip, yea it's a little weird but it's just because of the hit box dropping out of range for 1 to connect. Weird but it doesn't change much.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Yeah the animation cancels out but you're dash cancelling so it's normal.
Plus it doesn't repeat the F3 animation at a different frame it just cancels it.

I was talking about repeating the same move and having the animation stop prematurely. In other words, the same animation cancel itself. Or another move's animation (which isn't supposed to cancel another animation) cancels it before it is finished.

This doesn't happen in many moves and IMO it shouldn't happen if the animation frame data was done correctly. It doesn't change much but it's good to note that NW does get a bit more range after every consecutive D1.