What's new

Nutpunch to B2

Zanxus

Uh if the guy is just gonna be a deer in headlights and just stand there and take it yes it's possible. Anyway any competent player would not get hit by it they would be able to hit you out of it before you got it off, but if they decide to jump away you can dash cancel out of it and AA them with 11 and then do the usual.

Maybe for mindgame to dashcancel out of it?

the unblockeble B2 is 64 frames, and you get something like 30 Frame advantage after a Nutpunch.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Is it possible or smart to do a fully charged B2 into B3-2-2-2-44Nutpunch after a Nutpunch?

Discuss.
If you can find a player w/the reaction time THAT slow and it works, more power to you

On a side note, you might want to check this persons pulse to make sure they are among the living still

Zanxus

I think its too risky because as Cage you want to stay in on them, B2 mind games are better for the corner imo. If you land 21f2 and juggle them a bit with 2's then let them drop and charge a B2 on their wakeup for the mind game since a fully charge B2 will come out the moment they get up.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I think its too risky because as Cage you want to stay in on them, B2 mind games are better for the corner imo. If you land 21f2 and juggle them a bit with 2's then let them drop and charge a B2 on their wakeup for the mind game since a fully charge B2 will come out the moment they get up.
This game is pure rushdown. Giving up a precious 2 seconds to either eat a combo (which you most likely will) to do B2 vs the following options

1) F3, 3
2) F3 by itself into whatever you want
3) F3, 3, B3
4) F3, 2
5) 21, B4
6) 21, D1
7) D3
8) Sweep into D1 to keep them standing

I can't justify in my mind B2 being better than any of these options. I think Foxxy really said it best: A great JC will never let the player touch the ground

Zanxus

oh i know I pretty much never attempt this at all unless its casual play then I do it just to troll people or characters who have no wakeup at all lol

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Anyone who knows whats going on will just poke you out of it.

It might work against someone once or twice if they have never seen it but its just straight up a gimmick and you shouldn't use it regularly.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
It's gotta be Cage's worst move possible, and needs a buff, to actually make it useful.

It's just like a SFIV focus attack minus the armour, that practically kills it.

If they shorten the charge time, Cage might become more dangerous with his own containment move.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
I have been doing this mix up/ mind game. If i have a round lead and health lead I will do the fully charged back 2. Based on what they do I change my style. If they jump away or do a combo then next time I will cancel into something else. If they jump away a lot then you can cancell into shadow kick. However, you would be better off doing pressure or something else at that point.

Best bet is to either fully charge it or simply back dash cancel into b3, and hopefully get the launch.

Another good tip is to back dash into block. A Kano or Raiden may want to charge you and this may stop it.

Like Jax and Rain, Cage got a hidden buff this patch in the form of blocks out of special dash cancels being possible. I intend to work the unblockable into my okizeme now as I'll be able to tempt people into doing stupid punishable moves which I can simply block.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
Like Jax and Rain, Cage got a hidden buff this patch in the form of blocks out of special dash cancels being possible. I intend to work the unblockable into my okizeme now as I'll be able to tempt people into doing stupid punishable moves which I can simply block.
Was the back dash cancel into block slower before?

leek

Noob
I believe you needed to wait for the entire dash animation to finish before being able to block. It was certainly like that with ground pounds at least (ugh).
wait.. you can immediately cancel the dash with a block out of B2 and ground pounds with jax?

oh my god life.. is completed..

Is it possible or smart to do a fully charged B2 into B3-2-2-2-44Nutpunch after a Nutpunch?

Discuss.
you can do nutpunch and charge b2 then quikly f dash cancel and go for b3 you will be surprise how many people get cut by this onece they know you have this option they you have a better chance at landing a full charge b2

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
you can do nutpunch and charge b2 then quikly f dash cancel and go for b3 you will be surprise how many people get cut by this onece they know you have this option they you have a better chance at landing a full charge b2
You might also get away with do back dash cancel because of the range of the b3.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
If you can find a player w/the reaction time THAT slow and it works, more power to you

On a side note, you might want to check this persons pulse to make sure they are among the living still
LMFAO i think that i have gotten hit by this before lol some nights my reaction to stuff is like ehh i cant be bothered lol i really shouldnt play on those nights.

Actually, I've been playing around with this lately. When you start charging most of the people I play try to jump over me, and I reply with a dash back and a B3. Pretty sure you would never reliably get a full charge though.