What's new

[Nov 4, 2011] Canada Cup 2011: Nov 5-6th in Calgary Alberta

Time to give my shoutouts:
Its the keyboard player here

Russel, stay fray to altaire and dink, okay now the positive

It was nice to meet the west canadian scene for mk, you guys are dope at the game,

The Saskatchewan/ Winnipeg guys -
Thanks for letting me and others into your hotel room and the compliments you gave, I really appreciate it all.
I was really rooting for Merlin(dope noob saibot) to beat Jwong, it was a sick set, never seen a noob saibot give a raiden trouble like that.
You guys made the weekend hilarious with all the jokes that were being thrown out on sunday and saturday.

Calgary/Guys staying at Jimmy's house
Great meeting all of you and getting some matches in, guys are super nice and I commend your dedication to a scene that is almost extinct in your areas
Special congrats to JimmyP who brought his own system so we could get two stations for casuals on sunday and for housing people that traveled, Thats doing something for a scene right there.

Shujinkydink -Great quan chi, I know it sucks to hear a high level player telling you the game is bad when he just beat you at it too, But if you are making them mad/salty, then that means your doing something right , so keep up the rune trap and keep playing, you deserved second

Altaire/scrub saibot - nice chatting and games, i liked hearing all the knowledge about the inside of the community( need more stories nowww)

Justin wong - Dont even know if you are on this site, but regardless of how you feel about the game, I hope you keep entering tournaments and playing mk9
You just entering the tournaments supports the game more than most people ever do and it would suck if you stopped playing.

Russel- You know at the end of the day , your a good friend and thanks for letting me come with you to all the sight seeing on friday with your friend,mike
and josh. It was great times. But your still fray, step your matchup game up random

Special thanks to the mk toronto scene for their support, you guys supporting me and russel makes it worthwhile (almost since this game is retarded at times)

Sorry if I missed anyone out
Sorry If I forgot anyone

Special thanks to the toronto guys that commented and supported me and russel

Quick note

The one bad thing about this event was the fact that the matches were not streamed and not even recorded.
Me and dink's match was really hype and deserved to be archived for the comeback he had after losing two straight hard.
Jwongs matches with dink and merlin were sick matches that were lost forever.
Altaire and merlin cyber sub mirror match for 10 dollars was something i think the cyber sub forum wouldve appreciated

That and more,alot of games shoud've been broadcasted but weren't sadly. Alot of mid card marvel and sf4 matches took place over some great top 4 matches in tekken, mk, BB and third strike that the whole world shouldve watched.

Altaire

Noob
Well, I placed ninth. Considering my bracket, I think I did alright for my first offline tournament. Jwong put me in losers, and Shujinkydink eliminated me. Jwong took me pretty free, but it was pretty close when I played Dink, he beat me 2-1.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. Great tournament, great experience. I definitely have a lot to say about it, but I'll leave that for another time when I'm not so tired. I WAS just going to write it all out, but then I saw Dink's video, and I thought "Well fuck me, that idea is a lot easier". We'll see what I decide to do.

Some quick shoutouts:

- Big shoutout to Jimmypotato for giving me a ride and a place to stay. Without him, I never would've been to the tournament at all.

- Shoutouts to Shujinkydink for the most hype grand finals I've ever seen. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone 5-0 Justin Wong in anything, it's sure as shit not easy. I'd say this guy is probably the best player in the country, until someone can prove me wrong.

- Shoutouts to Neorussell and Winterwarz. I sent Russell to losers in my first set, partly because he didn't realize Noob's high shadow was an overhead now, and he was still a great sport about it. Absolutely upstanding. They're both great players as well, and once Russell got a better feel for the Noob-Kitana matchup yesterday, it was a lot more even. I really had to bust my ass to put this guy down once he adapted.

P.S. The runetrap isn't broken at all. There's an awful lot of shit in MK9 that's a whole hell of a lot lamer than the rune trap, I'll just leave it at that for now.

Altaire

Noob
Quick note

The one bad thing about this event was the fact that the matches were not streamed and not even recorded.
Me and dink's match was really hype and deserved to be archived for the comeback he had after losing two straight hard.
Jwongs matches with dink and merlin were sick matches that were lost forever.
Altaire and merlin cyber sub mirror match for 10 dollars was something i think the cyber sub forum wouldve appreciated

That and more,alot of games shoud've been broadcasted but weren't sadly. Alot of mid card marvel and sf4 matches took place over some great top 4 matches in tekken, mk, BB and third strike that the whole world shouldve watched.
See, I kept bugging this guy at the tournament about how he'd keep sneaking up on me, like I'd turn around and he was fucking ALWAYS there. He must've scared the shit out of me like, a dozen times during the tournament. Figures that as soon as I try posting about the tournament, he sneaks in and posts AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME. What the hell, man?

Warz vs. Dink was really fucking hype too, yeah. It was a really close set, and I honestly wasn't sure who was going to take it. I really wish both of the last two sets had been recorded, though I did see someone recording Dink's match.

As annoying as it was at the time, I think my money match with Merlin would probably be pretty cool if I could go back and see it again, now that you mention it. I wish we'd just played it up in the room so we could've recorded it.