What's new

NorCal Regionals 2016 Schedule

I was looking for info on NCR 2016 as well.

All I can find is one bracket including only 33 entrants. Is that really all there was? were there even enough people to have pools?

What am I missing here... why didn't like anyone go to this? doesn't look good for the game if majors don't even have top players attending.

Maybe that's just what happens if tournaments are on Easter or something?

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I was looking for info on NCR 2016 as well.

All I can find is one bracket including only 33 entrants. Is that really all there was? were there even enough people to have pools?

What am I missing here... why didn't like anyone go to this? doesn't look good for the game if majors don't even have top players attending.

Maybe that's just what happens if tournaments are on Easter or something?
Yes, there were only 32 or so entrants. About 5 or so never showed up and were DQ'd. We had pools but it went by very quickly. It was only 2/3 for pools, and 3/5 for winners / losers finals.

NCR in general no one really likes due to its history with NRS games so not many top players showed up. Michael Angelo was gonna go but didn't because he thought it wasn't going to be streamed, even though that wasn't the case.

NCR was more about street fighter than anything else which had the most entrants.

The event was ok, but having only 2/3 rounds and doing top 4 on a separate day was just odd.