What's new

noob/smoke back for mkx?

Evil_Riu48

Kombatant
do you guys think this may happen? or maybe we'll get a new combination like jax/stryker ... the 3 variation could be something like this
1) only jax is playable but getting support from stryker for some special moves
2) only stryker is playable but getting support from jax for special moves
3) both characters are plable kind of like nood/smoke worked in mkd

do you guys think they may do this as a way to get more characters in the game

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
do you guys think this may happen? or maybe we'll get a new combination like jax/stryker ... the 3 variation could be something like this
1) only jax is playable but getting support from stryker for some special moves
2) only stryker is playable but getting support from jax for special moves
3) both characters are plable kind of like nood/smoke worked in mkd

do you guys think they may do this as a way to get more characters in the game
I suppose that is a possibility. For the record, I can't stand Smoke. I like the character of Noob, but he could really use an overhaul from MK9. I didn't enjoy him in that game at all.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Well, there's already an example of this dynamic in the game: Ferra/Torr.

I don't think they'll go down this route where it's unnecessary (for example making Jax and Stryker some tag-team Cop duo), but I wouldn't be massively surprised if it happened with characters like Ermac where he is able to utilise the souls of the warriors he is comprised of.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
It'd be a cool idea. Something tells me if Smoke makes it back he'd be robo though. But I somehow don't see him in at all.

Noob has a good shot. He's the 4th most mentioned character on Ed's twitter at the moment.

Made a minor change to the title to make it less misleading. Previously it made the thread sound like an announcement of characters when it is in fact discussion. Personally, I'd love for Noob/Smoke to be playable in MKX. Zoning Stance, Anti-Zoning stance, who knows what the 3rd could be?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
That team-up variation would be a good fit for Sonya/Cage. I would personally be happy with them being full characters on their own, but I know many don't want that seeing as though Cassie is in the game. Having one character slot utilizing both of them may have been a good compromise. We'll see what NRS has in store regarding them.

D. R.

Kombatant
Just give me back Noob. The things NRS could have done with his concept that they didn't but can now rectify for MKX leaves me extremely hopeful.

Smoke's whatever and can stay dead. I'm sure if he wasn't so broken and easy as he was in MK9 then people wouldn't care for his return. He seemed bland as fuck to me fighting-wise but did have a cool look and demeanor.

Art

Grave_Intent
I honestly hope Noob and Smoke are removed from the roster. I'm actually tired of Ninja Clone characters.

Andromeda

I am Bard
I prefer having Ferra Torr be the only tag-team-like character in this game than having a few others. And if Noob is to return, I don't want him to partner up again with Smoke even if Smoke's arcade ending is canon. I have absolutely no idea what they would do for Noob, (despite that I see a bunch of posts on other sites saying that he could be the Elder Gods' champion), but whatever it is, I just don't want him to be that tag-team again, even if it's not with Smoke.

Dark

Kombatant
Well Jax and Stryker are super dead and not coming back because they aren't important enough.

As for Noob Smoke, it had something to do with Smoke being cyborg, which he isn't in this timeline, but I'm sure NRS could come up with another reason that Noob would want to control him.

I'd prefer just Noob though.