What's new

Question Noob question re: wake up attacks

Hi,

I am an extreme noobie when it comes to fighting games. I've played them in the pasta, but never tried to develop skill. Tbh I was little more than a button masher. That I am trying to change with Injustice.

So I am reading the official guide book and in the intro section, on page 7 , they mention,"Wakeups." I go into practice with Cyborg and try to practice these vs. Green Lantern. I go into record mode and simply record GL doing uppercuts.

Switching back to Cyborg and going to playback I then start practicing to get the correct timing. Only I realize...I don't know what a successful wakeup looks like.

Now I have the tech roll down. I am using nova blaster as my power for the wakeup. Am I doing a successful wakeup when he rolls and fires nova blaster? Or is there a different animation entirely?

Sorry for being so long to get to my point.

Thank you for your time.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
the guide is useless for wakeups, along with almost everything else.

you can tell a successful wakeup because the words "wake-up attack" (or something like that) will appear for a second above your trait meter when you do one successfully.

you should practice them by recording the computer knocking you down, then doing an attack on your wakeup. You then hit play and practice waking up through the opponent's attack.