What's new

Noob (not Saibot) here wanting to become a contender!

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
Hey there guys!

I have been playing MK since 64Trilogy (oh god the noob combos!) and have always been fan of the series. But I've never had the opportunity to play on a competitive level with other MK fans in tournaments. Just some things about me..

My favorite MK characters are Ermac, Noob Saibot, Reptile, and Cyrax. My longtime goal is to become a fully committed, top ranked Ermac player (#1 in America someday)

I am also a comic book fan of a couple DC, Marvel, and Image comic titles. I've been collecting since 09 and am always looking for suggestions on older story arcs to read. I am pumped for Injustice. I'm planning on maining Aquaman, 2nd catwoman, and 3rd Doomsday.

While MK is my absolute favorite fighter, I have been looking at broadening my horizons a little. I am also a Tekken fan, but othere then MK and Tekken, what are some decent fighters that see tourney play?

Also if you guys have any advise to help me be a better Ermac player, or where to find fighting game tournaments, please let me know.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Hey there guys!

I have been playing MK since 64Trilogy (oh god the noob combos!) and have always been fan of the series. But I've never had the opportunity to play on a competitive level with other MK fans in tournaments. Just some things about me..

My favorite MK characters are Ermac, Noob Saibot, Reptile, and Cyrax. My longtime goal is to become a fully committed, top ranked Ermac player (#1 in America someday)
Hey, anything is possible if you set your mind to it :D
I am also a comic book fan of a couple DC, Marvel, and Image comic titles. I've been collecting since 09 and am always looking for suggestions on older story arcs to read. I am pumped for Injustice. I'm planning on maining Aquaman, 2nd catwoman, and 3rd Doomsday.
Nice picks.
While MK is my absolute favorite fighter, I have been looking at broadening my horizons a little. I am also a Tekken fan, but othere then MK and Tekken, what are some decent fighters that see tourney play?
SSF4 AE, UMvC3, etc
Also if you guys have any advise to help me be a better Ermac player, or where to find fighting game tournaments, please let me know.
If you let me know where you live (Not a stalker haha) I'd be glad to point you to some tournaments in your general area :)

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
http://testyourmight.com/forums/ermac.173/

Here is the Ermac board on this site. There's tons of information to help you achieve your goal. I really like that you have a goal, btw. Please stick to it and don't let anyone tell you it's silly since it's a game!

On to the next matter of business, I believe Persona still gets some tournament love. KoF as well. If you really want to check into the tournament scene, you'd probably want to grab SF, Marvel, or SFxT since those are the big boys at the moment I belive. Well, I know the first two are for sure.

I think Soul Calibur also gets a bit of recognition... It's at Texas Showdown at least. Hmmm... Well, please enjoy your time here at TYM I hope you like it here and we're going to give you a pretty big welcome, dog. I wish I knew more about Ermac, but I'm a bum when it comes to him. You're sure to get a lot of help from the community, they can be really friendly when need be.

Oh, and watch out from my Deathstroke when Injustice drops, he'll make swiss cheese out of your armor :p

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
@ STB Chongo Oh dude no prob. I live in Seattle. I just don't know how big MK tournaments are out here. But at this rate anything to hone my Fighting game fundamentals would help.

@ DragonPick Cool, I think street fighter might be worth checking out. But I didn't know Persona had a fighting game! That is one I'll have to look for now. And as far as KoF, how difficult are the controls to pick up?

Whoa does Aquaman have no armor like Ermac? If so I guess I have a knack for picking up armorless characters :confused:

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I'm not sure about Aquaman's armor, I know that Doomsday has enough for all of the characters combined. I also know Aquaman has some type of projectile eating move.

Here's some footage of a Persona Arena tournament

It's a bit long (2 hours), but there ya go. I think KoF controls are a bit more difficult than SF and SF is not really a "noob friendly" game, so to speak. However, with enough practice, it's extremely good. KoF is very good as well, but really hard