What's new

Noob Fight Klub?

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
There seems to be a lot of us out here looking to level up. Every once in awhile we get some games with a good player and they drop some jewels but afterwards many of us are stuck with the randomness of online matches with randoms.

One of the best ways to level up is to join an online clan if you don't have an active local scene. Unfortunately, most of them want guys who can handle their own as they have their own competitive circle themselves. Kind of leaves us guys who are new to the game with limited options in that regard. Or you can be in a situation like me in which you have to drive a hour away to your "local scene" but only get a few hours every other week to play strong MKX players before being sent off on your own again.

So I was watching this YT video (Ill post it below) and the host sparked this idea. He mentioned something about "mini games" you could play to help strengthen your FG fundamentals. Who needs to strengthen their fundamentals more than us new players? We could use the "mini games" he listed to start out and build from there.

We could possibly ask a strong known player to come give us some fights/tips in a KOTH. This could lead to you becoming strong enough to petition the strong teams like RM, YOMI or cR. At the end of the day the biggest benefit would be giving new players to the game some people that are on a similar skill level a group to level up with.

Here's the video that sparked the idea:

Any interest or thoughts?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I've assembled a nice group of strong players. Most of them aren't on par with the really good players here, but they know what they're doing and take it seriously. A few of them are though and I have a few friends from here. If you're on X1, add me. My GT is GAV60. I play mostly Sun God.

Psn. xplicitnueces

I try searching for people, but its not working right now. Add me up if you want a confidence boost in your skill lol

Redux

Ex Phase
what's your psn? I'm always looking to improve and would enjoy discussing the game. I saw your post in some other thread about this and am interested.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I've assembled a nice group of strong players. Most of them aren't on par with the really good players here, but they know what they're doing and take it seriously. A few of them are though and I have a few friends from here. If you're on X1, add me. My GT is GAV60. I play mostly Sun God.
Hey I'm on Xbox and have been trying to get up with as many ppl as I can to level up, so do you mind if I add you so we can run some sets?

JerzeyReign

Recently bought an arcade stick so I've been in the training room constantly trying to get it down. If you see me on, just send a message. If I don't answer within 30 seconds I probably just left my system on and away from it at the moment.

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!

Recently bought an arcade stick so I've been in the training room constantly trying to get it down. If you see me on, just send a message. If I don't answer within 30 seconds I probably just left my system on and away from it at the moment.
Hi I am another member of Uprise. Check us out as Fluffy said. HMU to play as well if im on......
PSN - XxTGODPRINCEXx

Clans aren't a good way to level up. Most have an entry requirement, which is basically saying "we'll help you get better, assuming you're already somewhat 'better' already".

Friends will help you level up no matter what your starting point is.

Friends, chums, compatriots, clubs of gentlemen and gentleladies, etc, etc, will always be the best way to level up.

Solignac

Noob
I've always respected James and Dave, they put out some really good content and they have really good advice. I know it may sound boring but give the "only footsies" or "only defense" thing a try. I used to be way too aggressive when I played SF back in the day and just sitting there and trying to block everything for a number of sessions will help tremendously with match up experience and overall getting your head in the game. Dropping combos is frustrating and James is absolutely right, start out simple and focus on your starters because that's where your combo damage begins.

I don't have much time to play anymore but you guys shouldn't be ashamed to admit you need practice with your skill level. This is a great idea to level your game up.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Am I part of that group? :DOGE:
Jk, I presume that we are equals Gav.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Clans aren't a good way to level up. Most have an entry requirement, which is basically saying "we'll help you get better, assuming you're already somewhat 'better' already".

Friends will help you level up no matter what your starting point is.

Friends, chums, compatriots, clubs of gentlemen and gentleladies, etc, etc, will always be the best way to level up.
Friends are good to level up with if they are good, but guys who want to be in a clan you know will be good. Clans help you make more friends and help you learn more matchups - and learn them more thoroughly.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Mr_BAMFito(PSN)
been playing fighters since injustice
am free to lao that love to jump like a bitch.
I mostly play dvorah,quan and learning raiden
add me for some games

This Idea Is Perfect! I'm always down for getting my butt kicked for the sake of learning. Add Me on PSN : JawnyMan