What's new

Noob & Clueless at Playing MKX

DarkOwl

New to fighting games
Hello everyone. So I went to a Gaming Lounge in my area and played MKX for about an hour since that was the amount of time I could play, went on MKX's tutorial, then I went into practice mode to try out some characters. I honestly don't know how to use the practice mode, nor what I should be looking for when I try out characters so I was pretty clueless as to what to do. I first tried out Ermac, Quan Chi, and Shinnok 1st, but I had no real idea what to do with then in terms of finding any moves they had and how some of their other moves work so I gave up on those 3 fast in like 5 short minutes. I then tried out Scorpion. Most thing I could do with Scorpion was push Triangle, Square, Circle, then :d:lX(don't know the abbreviated term you guys use) and I continued doing that for most of my time, but I did not know what to do after that really. If anyone can help me try to understand how to use the training mode without being clueless as how to use it, that would help me a lot when I go back to my Gaming Lounge, or when can afford my own copy.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Hey man, welcome. Find a character you want to start exploring the rabbit hole with then go to their specific forum and you'll find all kinds of threads with combos that you can start trying to learn.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
@DarkOwl
There are lots of Videos on Youtube that will teach you the FG Nonations and specialy the MK ones.
There are Character Tutorials and shit that you need to watch (
) the guy who made this Video has tons more for other characters.
Find your character (dont be afraid to test but try to find someone fast and stick with him) , even if your character is not the best he/she can suit to your playstyle and you can stick with it before you jump into advanced one(if your already isnt).

Get in the Forums and look what your best Tools are (Punishers , Openers etc).
Learn what your EX moves do and when to use them (Raiden's normal Shocker will do damage but the EX one will start a combo or extend a combo).
I suggest you to stick with 1 Varriation at the start(Let's say Inferno Scorpion).
Learn how to connect special moves in your strings and after that just learn some basic combos that will be easy to perform till you advance.
Try this in Training Mode and find someone in your Local Area to play with (preffered good player who will destroy you but teach you well).

Sorry for my Bad English ... i hope this will help you.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Play scorpion he has answers to everything on a low level, note what keeps getting you and what you can do to punish it.
Lower level should be 30% combos of punishes and hit confirms (knowing for sure that an attack hit, as opposed to being unsure), once you get into intermediate play you can learn spacing and why moves such as down 4 are awesome.

DarkOwl

New to fighting games
It'll be awhile before I go back to my Gaming Lounge to play MKX again, but because I just got a job, I'm trying to get my own PlayStation 4 as well as a copy of MKX, but yea; one or the other, it'll take awhile.