What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero No Love for the Lin Kuei

Runks

Noob
This thread will probably be looked at as pointless but it's worth trying at this point to at least say something.

I think it's a shame this character only gets negative attention all the time. It's depressing to know that him along with Tanya (obviously) at this point are the only characters that haven't received a buff. No one ever admits the flaws this character has and no one else have proved why this character doesn't need a fix.

Honestly I don't care about the clone bug. It's pretty clear it's a bug if we can't use it anyway. It would be nice if we just got other changes to his other variations so they are worth using like a run cancel hammer in cryo or a better parry in unbreakable. I would love to use the other variations.

By this point in the game you have already seen characters like Kenshi, kitana, Takeda, Kano, etc get a flood buffs and changes with the right amount of threads and community "leaders" say something why they need something. (Kitana has received buffs for the last 3 patches with nothing shorter than 7 changes). I don't know if it's us not speaking enough about it or people just don't like Tom Brady or this character.

For one, I don't think there is anything wrong in what Tom is doing by giving appropriate examples on what issues or bugs sub has and ideas we want to use but can't because of a restriction. Lot of us have tried to just move on from trying to get something fixed for us and just playing the character for what he has but it's hard for those that try to play him at the highest level. We're told to switch characters. (Which isn't the way the game is designed to be. We should be able to switch to a variation that offers another set of tools that another one lacks.)

Jacqui got her combos for the most part to work on females now - sub still has that issue

17f overhead (one of the slowest in the game) and it's -14 when a lot of the strong characters have safe mixups.

An Ex clone that doesn't work. (I don't understand how it's not a bug and that's the way it's intended. It doesn't come out and I've noticed this problem within the first 2 weeks of the game.)

No anti air in unbreakable and parry doesn't work on jump attacks. (Lost frost bomb and his uppercut has a bad hitbox.) It's really hard to turtle or play defensive when you are free to jump attacks.

Cryomancer- restand doesn't leave you plus and frost hammer is way to slow. (Cold blooded combo leaves them too far away nor is it plus enough to even threaten a mixup)

None of his other variations really add anything to his game that clone can't provide besides cryomancer's better uppercut. Based off his movelist and the frame data he is given you can't effectively play this character in other variations besides grandmaster.

This character as of now will probably never get buffed or reworked (when it comes to other variations). It sucks that at this point this character has plateaued in such a short time.

This thread is going to get a lot of hate and "suck it up" and "adapt" but it's unfair that a lot of other community leaders couldn't do this themselves and got their changes when our own Tom and the rest of the SZ community gets negativity and told that were crying. (Over a clone that has a small hitbox at the very end of it)

It's obvious this game is suppose to be competitive and I think every variation should be worth using. I don't think asking for a "bug fix" or even just one change to help him out at all is too much to ask for at this point.

My real problem isn't because of an unsafe overhead, or whether something is a bug of not of hitbox issues but the fact we have been ignored and not given any real answers.

Being told we have a 0-3% chance of getting a buff is depressing.

I think you should just nerf him one more time to finally put the nail in the coffin for us.

It's really frustrating that we're ignored and one of our community leaders is being told that they are making a negative impact on the whole scene. It's ironic actually since the issue of over patching in this game isn't even related to this character or him at all.

I could make a list of "high profile playerss", commentators, community leaders who go off on twitter, TYM, and etc and say _____ blank has issues, is cheap, needs this, nerf this and still don't even place in top 8 at a major let alone received the buffs for their character and then place even top 16. I'm not going to do that though. They know who they are.

For those who think I'm a random scrub complaining, I play on PSN: Count_Reginald.
I'll change that way of thinking no problem and if you have problems with the matchup I have no problem telling you how to win it and what options you have.

Go ahead and set this thread on fire.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
You know there are still probably 2 patches incoming? Just be patient, no need to raise alarm yet.
I don't really see the need to raise alarm either. Sub-Zero may not be godlike but he is far from terrible. Sure he was normalized shortly after release in GM, but a lot of the top tiers have/are being nerfed slightly seemingly with every patch, making Sub-Zero more and more viable as time goes on. Characters who were buffed like Kitana, have jumped up some tiers, but still haven't moved up that much. Though Kenshi and Shinnok got improved pretty greatly. I honestly believe that Sub-Zero in GM shouldn't be touched besides bug fixes. Unbreakable could use some working on, and Cryomancer should receive some buffs to help him out some. But drastic buffs are not needed to any variation. As he is a pretty balanced character.

Also that nonsense about Ice Clone having a tiny hitbox just at the back is just that nonsense. It's hitboxes not having hurtboxes that go through the clone that make it appear to have a crap hitbox. The hitbox of the ice clone is the entire ice clone.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I don't understand why people want sub-zero's parry buffed, all parries in the game work like that. You're parry is suppose to lose to jump ins and if it did do that it would be unfair to liu kang/sonya and kitana. Even then sonya's parry loses to throws now, so please stop asking for parry to be buffed unless you're going to buff the entire parry mechanics.

I agree that unbreakable/cryomancer should be buffed. There should be a reason to use those aside from grandmaster.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I agree that unbreakable/cryomancer should be buffed. There should be a reason to use those aside from grandmaster.
There is no reason to use GM anymore

I'm sorry to break it for you guys, but Pred is the new Sub-Zero v. 2.0!

I don't really see the need to raise alarm either. Sub-Zero may not be godlike but he is far from terrible. Sure he was normalized shortly after release in GM, but a lot of the top tiers have/are being nerfed slightly seemingly with every patch, making Sub-Zero more and more viable as time goes on. Characters who were buffed like Kitana, have jumped up some tiers, but still haven't moved up that much. Though Kenshi and Shinnok got improved pretty greatly. I honestly believe that Sub-Zero in GM shouldn't be touched besides bug fixes. Unbreakable could use some working on, and Cryomancer should receive some buffs to help him out some. But drastic buffs are not needed to any variation. As he is a pretty balanced character.

Also that nonsense about Ice Clone having a tiny hitbox just at the back is just that nonsense. It's hitboxes not having hurtboxes that go through the clone that make it appear to have a crap hitbox. The hitbox of the ice clone is the entire ice clone.
The hitbox vs hurtbox things isnt what the issue was. It was the ex clone not coming out, it just doesnt work.

That being said, SZ players have their answer. No buffs, no fixes, end. Its time to put a rest to this.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
to be honest i dont understand why sub doesnt get buffs either, he never really seemed that great to me hell even in the days of kenshi being horrifically bad sub zero had a hard time against kenshi, so it is tough for me to see why sub gets so much hate when i happen to be a character loytalist to a character that is a hard counter to sub. but i think he does need quite a bit of work and needs to be buffed, i dont perceive sub as a threat at all as of right now and that should not be the case with any character, hell i could probably beat tom brady just because im a kenshi player and he is a sub player, even though he is a waaaay better player than me, like infinitely better than me. like the match up is damn near impossible for sub. anyways, i agree sub needs buffs

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Looks like the SZ community is moving across to Hunter

We ain't gunna stop making them threads tho

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
The hitbox vs hurtbox things isnt what the issue was. It was the ex clone not coming out, it just doesnt work.

That being said, SZ players have their answer. No buffs, no fixes, end. Its time to put a rest to this.
Runks mentioned it in his wall of text which is the only reason I mentioned it lol

Ryncage

Noob
Looks like the SZ community is moving across to Hunter

We ain't gunna stop making them threads tho
And how long before that character gets broken by NRS but is called working as intended?

Maybe tom needs to start maining top pick characters so nrs takes notice and nerfs the shit out of them. Then when that community starts "crying" then can get told by the guys holding all the power "this is how the character was designed, lawl sry bruv"

Because sz was designed to have ex not work. Just like he was designed to have clone vanish on block. I mean, its not like those patches inherintly changed a core feature. Sz was "designed" to be like that from day one guys.

What a joke. Seriously.
Id be less insulted if they just said "look, we just really dont give a fuck about sz or making him work correctly. Deal with it. "

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
An Ex clone that doesn't work. (I don't understand how it's not a bug and that's the way it's intended. It doesn't come out and I've noticed this problem within the first 2 weeks of the game.)
and I also don't understand all of those hatreds towards klone. and the fact that brady the one that really proofing the inherent problem within this move is being called an embarrassment, nrs should thank him for pointing out a problem and fixing it right away, unless there's some agenda behind it....

gotta put on my tinfoil hat habibi.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Hey guys, just droppin by to bring you some tissues. Keep up the crying; we all love it. Even when Sub Zero does get buffed, I want you all to keep on crying. It just fills me with so much joy.