What's new

Combo List - Kenshi No Beard Zone - Frothy's Kenshi Kombo Emporium

Eh, how are you getting 7 jabs? I max at 4 and even then I can't connect the 4, 3.
It's not too hard. The trick is to not WAIT but to just smack out those 1's as fast as you can, but don't get too overzealous as it may whiff. After a few minutes of practice I did this, pretty disgusting and awesome, if you have 3 bars to kill.

Fenixy

Noob
Same thing in the corner with jip,114,db1, 5 jab ,43, vortex... with 3 bars and last part of meterless vortex ended with b3,db1,d2 and if everything is guesed right it's around 90-95%

hello! I am new and beardy to MK scene and to fighting games (last being tekken 3)

I played around with Kenshi a bit and came up with decent combo. It's 29% midscreen 1 bar combo. If it gets blocked then don't follow up on EX DF1. Until that point it is 100% safe on block (tried vs tempest kung lao cyclone reversal) So if you see you are blocked from JI2,4,2,1. If you are not blocked then continue with Ex DF1,BF3. If i messed up something please tell me. You can also use JI1 but I found JI2 to have greater range (~2/3 screen jump)

Here it is (Kenjtusu)
P.S.
My first ever YT vid :p

Last edited:
Here's a kRaZy kOmBo I just found:

high anti air d2, bf3

Wow! This was in Balanced but I bet it works in all variations. Did 20% which seems O.K. off an anti air. You can probably get more off anti air stand 1 if you think you're nice.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
So is Kenjitsu's only added damage in the corner from juggling with jabs for a bit before going into the usual enders? I wasn't finding anything when I was experimenting last night.

Landonio

n00b
There has GOT to be a way to consistently link the D1 after the Rising Sword in the Kenjutsu combos. It's impossible to find the proper timing. I can do it 5 times in a row perfect, and not change anything and somehow screw it up the next 5 times. There is no consistency in these combos. And online? Yeah, forget about Kenjutshi. Just play Scrubsessed. It's pretty ridiculous and extremely frustrating. Like, I'm nearly to the point of calling for a patch to make this link easier. And I've never done that.

There has GOT to be a way to consistently link the D1 after the Rising Sword in the Kenjutsu combos. It's impossible to find the proper timing. I can do it 5 times in a row perfect, and not change anything and somehow screw it up the next 5 times. There is no consistency in these combos. And online? Yeah, forget about Kenjutshi. Just play Scrubsessed. It's pretty ridiculous and extremely frustrating. Like, I'm nearly to the point of calling for a patch to make this link easier. And I've never done that.
There needs to be a patch to make the whoie character better :s

We can keep telling ourselves that things are fine and that we just need to level up and figure out which variations are good but at the end of the day Kenshi doesn't really have much dirt while a lot of the rest of the cast has a braindead easy time with kenshi being unable to meaningfully punish them

It's week 2 and one of our variations doesn't even have reasonable BnBs let alone a neutral game that makes sense and punishing tools that work, and we have people working overtime trying to figure out tech and strats that work for this char, yet everyone's results are the same

"man, i'm really not sure about kenjutsu"
"man, possessed just doesn't seem consistent and reliable enough, but at least it's playable sometimes"
"man, maybe balanced wasn't as bad as we thought"

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I've started on kung Lao recently and now have a way easier time. And I usually play zoning characters. Kenjutsu needs rising karma to have a faster recovery and the other variations... I don't know they just don't work

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I'll drop my breakdown of the variations again, minus the sugarcoating:

Kenjutsu is fucking crap, don't use it unless you like to lose or you're holding out he'll get some sort of PLEASE DON'T SUE US Jedi skin.
Possessed is for versing zoners that don't have to think as hard as you do when using Balanced.
Balanced is the only defensive variant in the game that isn't going to get smashed with the nerfbat when that first balance patch rolls around so fucking suck it up and learn it. Once the scrubs get everything they hate nerfed it'll be like a de facto buff.

I play Balanced with the same mentality I used for Nightmare in SCV and it works great. Backstep backstep BIG SLASHY SWORD THING backdash MORE BIG SWORDS backstep OH YOU WHIFFED I'LL HAVE 1/3rd OF YOUR HEALTH FOR NO METER. Shit works; don't tell anyone.

KENJUSTU

The best damage I've gotten meterless on a 50/50 is this, hunting for a better option:

(F2/B3)~db1, d1~db4 22/20% Can get an extra percent with bf3 as the ender if you don't mind the position switch.

Pretty basic stuff, but I like going for the 50/50 after ex db4 even if I'm out of meter. If you get it it's like 42% for a bar, if you don't you're at -10.

Also, @FrothyOmen, why are you using the bf2 ender in your 50/50 list? db4 is 1% more damage and it seems bf2 leaves them out of range for anything that you could use the extra frame advantage for.
lol what's up man? I am right down the freeway here in Concord lol. Whatta the odds? I been picking up Kenshi and looking to practice with him. the d pad messes me up though. anyways thanks!

Didn't see this one posted for Kenjutsu

b1 xx EXdf1 run throw.

Timing is REALLY tight, but if you can hit it it's 11hit 30% for 1 meter. I tried seeing if any hits can be made after the exdf1 into run cancel, but I'm either not good enough or they don't exist.

Don't get hung up using meter for anything 30%-ish and below. Save the meter for breaker or stronger combo to use the meter. Just my 2 cents.

Don't get hung up using meter for anything 30%-ish and below. Save the meter for breaker or stronger combo to use the meter. Just my 2 cents.
You're probably right, but with Kenjutsu it was the only thing I could find for a mid screen that wasn't 114 RK d1 starting. if they just made the popup a little higher or closer to kenshi it'd be waaaay easier to link stuff.

I hear you. I couldn't stick with kenjutsu personally. Just never felt right to me but I know one of those reasons were his linking ability which is not as great as balanced. Kenjutsu seems more of one of his pressure variations but doesn't give great pressure, but gives more than his other variations.

MakMatrix

Blindness is no impairment against a smelly enemy
BALANCED: Corner, 1 meter
I have found a very reliable corner combo which should mainly be used when going for the kill. The timing of the d2 isn't as strict as it may appear first.
F32~rk, F3~rk, F32~EXrk~d2 (52%)

For online, I suggest using:
F32~rk F3~rk, B32~EXrk~d2 (50%)

This is also a potential mix-up, as the opponent flies out of the corner due to the uppercut, but is left very close to Kenshi.

You are then left with different options:
You may either bait a wake up and punish
Go for a low starter: (B32),
Before they stand up, go for an overhead and make the first 4 whiff: [4]D4
Grab and re-position the opponent in the corner.
Jump over the opponent to reverse their wake up inputs and position them back in the corner.

DabJr 187

Twitter NE_8a_DabJr & Twitch NE_8A_DabJr
- Kenjutsu
- Balanced
- Possessed

Learn the ways of the blind swordsman dudes!:D