What's new

Question - Tanya Njp from teleport... Wtf?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Why can I only get this to work about 50% of the time or less?

I understand you have to hold :d but what am I missing? I've tried it with various different timings and I cannot get any consistency out of it. Sometimes I do it at the peak of the teleport, sometimes I hold off until I'm descending and just at the opponent's head, and all sorts of in betweens. And I'm always holding :d (pretty hard too, to make sure), yet in all of these positions, sometimes I get a njp, and sometimes I get a jip.

Is anyone else having this problem? Am I just not doing something right?

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay I got it:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/njp-from-teleport-wtf.52977/#post-1756067

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Online i have been having this problem. Sometimes in practice too. And im sure for a fact im holding down.
One problem i found is i was often letting my hands get ahead of my brain, resulting in my pushing Punch before i was actually pushing down.

DDustiNN

You need to do it early or she just does a normal jump punch.
That's what I thought at first, but like I said, I've even waited and still pulled off the njp during my descent, like at the very last possible moment.

Trying it early results in njp or jip, seemingly randomly. Trying the input on the way up, or at the peak of the teleport, or just after the peak when you begin to fall... I've tried them all, and all with the same results.

DDustiNN

Online i have been having this problem. Sometimes in practice too. And im sure for a fact im holding down.
One problem i found is i was often letting my hands get ahead of my brain, resulting in my pushing Punch before i was actually pushing down.
I've gotten into the habit of holding :d as part of the input of the move. Like I do df3d and hold it, so that I know I'm holding down every single time. Yet I still just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :(

Orbit Aquary

Want a balloon?
It's pretty inconsistent for me as well, but I'm starting to get it 80% of the time, or even 90%. Try dddddddddddddd2 lol, it works for me but I don't do it cause a fast d2 is easier :p I think if you just go to practice and do it over and over and over and over... you'll eventually get it 90% of the time as well.

DDustiNN

Okay I think I just figured it out.

It seems like you have to start holding :d any time during the actual teleport itself. Doesn't matter when - beginning or right before the peak. If you start holding :d after the peak of the teleport (during your descent), you will get a regular jp 100% of the time.

Now as for the timing of pressing :fp or :bp, that doesn't matter. You can do it at the peak, or just before you land, or anywhere in between. As long as you follow the :d rule above, you will get njp 100% of the time.

Okay I feel better now! I was in such a funk last night before bed and this was still on my mind this morning, hence the thread, haha.

Reactions: GAV

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just make sure that if you are using Dragon Naginata variation and haven't done two pogo's in a combo yet to hold down early after the teleport or you will get a pogo instead of a njp.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah I had/am having trouble with this is well. At first I thought they made it so she couldn't njp out of the teleport lol

That's exactly what my post says I do, lol... And 50% of the time, it works every time :p
huh. I was going to say do it right after the teleport input... like df3d then hold it... but it looks like you've already tried that. wierd... that's what I do and it comes out as NJP every time.

Hold down before she reappears from the teleport animation, should work every time. If she has already appeared, you will always get JIP.

DDustiNN

huh. I was going to say do it right after the teleport input... like df3d then hold it... but it looks like you've already tried that. wierd... that's what I do and it comes out as NJP every time.
Yeah that's the habit that got me a higher success rate. Figured out that sometimes I was letting go of down slightly before pressing punch.

Hold down before she reappears from the teleport animation, should work every time. If she has already appeared, you will always get JIP.
Yep, this is exactly it. Just figured it out in practice mode, haha.

DDustiNN

Just make sure that if you are using Dragon Naginata variation and haven't done two pogo's in a combo yet to hold down early after the teleport or you will get a pogo instead of a njp.
My workaround for this was to use 1 instead of 2 for the njp. Seems to be more consistent that way. Then if I actually want the pogo, I just use 2 instead.