What's new

Nightwolf combos & strategies(For newer or experienced Nightwolf players)

Smausaran252

Omnisafraud
I've recently played a ton of matches as Nightwolf & done pretty well. I'm more of an intermediate player when it comes to most characters(I don't rely on the corner). So, I thought I'd share how I use Nightwolf & see if it benefits anyone here.

Step 1-Zoning: Using Nightwolf means getting those arrows to hit whenever possible. By that, I don't mean use nonstop arrows. Fire 1 or 2 arrows when their at a distance or fire 1 normal, then an enhanced.(Considering they'll try to jump over the first arrow, but can't avoid the others unless they have a teleporter).

Step 2-Defensive strategies: He's good for reflecting projectiles whether you're facing a spammer or not(Haven't tested it on Noob's clones yet). However, if you're facing someone like Sektor, he can hit you with his tele-uppercut while you focus on reflecting his missiles, so use this move with caution against most teleporters.

Step 3-Offensive capabilities: He's amazing at CQC. He's pretty good when you use him in the corner(Like pretty much everyone). You can utilize his axe swing for anti-air(At some moments), or with combos, obviously. His choke has limited range, but is worthwhile to use. His Shoulder rush is, of course, a good pushback move. His lighting, however, is one of the difficult moves to use. The easiest way to use it is to do the knife stab(Forward+2/Tri), then use the ex-version to launch them in the air for potential combos.

Overall, a very good character. Certain flaws when it comes to defensive capabilities & fairly decent when it comes to zoning, but is good for any CQ assault.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
With the arrows I don't quite agree since they are very slow and don't allow you to trade with any character. NW is better at Jump-In distance.

Using F2 for a lightning trap is a really good idea tho. It keeps the opponent standing so he can't tech roll or wakeup out of it. F2 also has incredible range. It's basically faster than dashing in to do a 122 combo I think. Can be nice to punish at a distance and then EN Lighting + combo for 33%.

Bobbss

Noob
Good luck...there are not many nightwolf players out there
Unfortunately this is the case, and trying to make a guide for beginners you might aswell just say "Use dash and lightning all the time", because to be fair, Nightwolf is only good when you nail his juggle combo's and the timing for his axe swing's.

My advice for any rising NW player is to jump straight into the deep end, because that'll be the only way you get better.

What bnbs are you guys using? I'm using f31(hatchet)1(dash)1(dash)12(choke) for something like 32% , but I know I can probably get more damage out of it. I only picked up Nightwolf recently.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
What bnbs are you guys using? I'm using f31(hatchet)1(dash)1(dash)12(choke) for something like 32% , but I know I can probably get more damage out of it. I only picked up Nightwolf recently.

If you add in a JiP or a more powerful starter you can easily break %40 with it, all without meter.

Plop

Noob
I've literally just picked him up for a quick spin about half an hour ago and the easiest/most consistent one i could come up with is:

jip, f31, hatchet, hatchet, dash, 2, choke = 34%

Its not flashy nor does it deal monstrous damage but there's literally no chance of fuckin it up lol

Of course, throwing out a cheeky f2 out before it will add another 9% unscaled damage to it. I havent actually tried this out in a match yet so it might not work that way

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
I've literally just picked him up for a quick spin about half an hour ago and the easiest/most consistent one i could come up with is:

jip, f31, hatchet, hatchet, dash, 2, choke = 34%

Its not flashy nor does it deal monstrous damage but there's literally no chance of fuckin it up lol

Of course, throwing out a cheeky f2 out before it will add another 9% unscaled damage to it. I havent actually tried this out in a match yet so it might not work that way
Definitely a good combo for online play. I'd be afraid to use it and take bad habits tho :eek:
I guess if you're mostly an online player it's good. Offline, his normal BnBs can be done consistently with a bit of practice.