What's new

Next Year - USA Tournament scene?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

What are the odds of MK being picked up for MLG next year, or even just a solid run of high level USA tournaments?

There is absolutely nothing going on in the UK from now up until the end of the year, and I am still gutted about how much of a disaster my trip to the USA was from start to finish.

I really want to get back out to the USA and compete under different circumstances, but It seems like that opportunity is closing in.

So, who has their ear to the ground on anything for next year? Any information?

Thanks

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Its dead, TTT2 is the pulse.

If we cant even get 64 players for an MLG event, I doubt it will be taken seriously anywhere else, especially considering MLG used to reach the caps in alot of their other games.

Now go fuck off and buy tekken.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

If we cant even get 64 players for an MLG event, I doubt it will be taken seriously anywhere else, especially considering MLG used to reach the caps in alot of their other games.

what are you talking about this time last mlg we had 25 pre reg and now we have 50 pre reg w 3 weeks left

FR will be the last major for mk before injustice in march and injustice looks to be on MLG starting june

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
what are you talking about this time last mlg we had 25 pre reg and now we have 50 pre reg w 3 weeks left

FR will be the last major for mk before injustice in march and injustice looks to be on MLG starting june
Well that still supports my point, its either gonna be TTT2 or Injustice.
Don't get me wrong, I loved MK, and it had given me major opportunities and adventures which I'll never forget, but its over now, at least here. Soon it will be over worldwide too, so it's a choice between:

- Play TTT2, which will have a bigger scene over here than Injustice will.
- Carry on playing MK in anticipation for Injustice.

Still, this doesn't mean I'll abandon the MK community either. It's just a matter of is it worth it? Especially from a competitive view. Members of the MK community over here put so much effort into it (Twins, 12 Gauge, OmegaK etc) but encouraging our FGC to play our game is fucking near impossible. Players either NEVER attended an event to keep us alive, or quit soon after playing.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
uh?

mlg dallas nov
nec dec
fr march
power up april
mlg june
I can't make it to anything this year, but next year I will do everything in my power to make it to another MK event.

April next year for me could be the best possible time, things are generally pretty quiet in the first 3-4 months, so I am very hopeful for anything early next year.

TheTetraSpirit

Kombatant
MK dying? lolwut.
Dallas is looking to be huge and NEC even bigger.
We'll keep our usual major numbers or higher for a good time after, I'd wager.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I expect everyone who picks up Injustice to still be playing MK. Kind of silly to think otherwise. Also, what were Tekken's numbers at Season's Beatings? The pre-registration for MLG doesn't exhibit a strong pulse at all. I was really hoping TTT2 would blow up, best possible chance MK has to move to a second season is to piggy back on another successful franchise.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

Tekken Tag 2 has around 20 registered players for MLG. It had 49 players at Season's Beatings last month. MK has 50 registered players for MLG. It had around 40 for Season's Beatings last month. That is pretty bad for a fighting game that was just released. The game is very good, but it is not visually appealing for the average fighting game fan.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Tekken Tag 2 has around 20 registered players for MLG. It had 49 players at Season's Beatings last month. MK has 50 registered players for MLG. It had around 40 for Season's Beatings last month. That is pretty bad for a fighting game that was just released. The game is very good, but it is not visually appealing for the average fighting game fan.
True but Tekken is more successful in the UK than MK is.