What's new

NEXT GEN CONSOLES AND AUSSIE INTERNET

Hi everyone.
there is so much hype about the next gen consoles at the moment. at this stage though all fighting fans have nothing to look foward to but killer instinct on xb1. If your reading this im assuming your an australian gamer like me. im kinda a hardcore gamer but its getting harder and harder in our country with our poor excuse for internet. 100mbps is possible but with a max upload of 2 - 3 mbps we are restricted to local gaming only even if they are dedicated overseas servers.
the point im trying to make is our internet sux and i dont believe buying a ps4 or xb1 will make any difference. if we are restricted to local communities how the hell are we going to use gaikai when its availeble..sorry i forgot to mention there is no release date for gaikai ps3 streaming for europe which means australia..cause our internet sux lol
before you say the NBN (National Broadband Network) apparently they're are 2 versions (FTTP and FTTN) depending on who wins the next election. if we end up getting FTTN well thats gonna be the end for me being competitive online. online gaming will improve but only locally...
anyway, as an aussie i cant seem to get excited about the hype because both consoles will have most games p2p anyway. sure xb1 has azure but in australia? lol as a gamer i swear i just want to move to the us just to play lol
just wondering about your thoughts cause there is absolutely no news about next gen console and internet from an australian perspective
is it just assumed that gaming here sux ass even though we pay the most in the world? people in other developed countries have no right to complain about online gaming...
even at the gamescom conference for ps4 theyre were saying european countries will have specific gaming plans with isps also including the UK but guess what not australia although we pay more for everything...
so what does this mean? shoud we just play for fun now? just play bf4 and cod ghosts? i was looking foward to a nextgen console cause im tired of my ps3 lagging like a bitch when i send a message etc etc but i might not even get one at all :/
Your thoughts?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
do you play online ps3 or 360?

anyway, chill out bro, Australian internet is shithouse and its no secret. there are offline igau / mk scenes in melbourne and sydney though.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Hey man,

I'm also an Aussie gamer and yeah, our internet (...and politicians) suck arse.
I recommend adding me (also Spinky, web-head) if you're looking for people to play against, because it's getting difficult to find a game. I have so many disconnects.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Bud Ninja... profile picture... rofl...
My internet's badass, yo. Really fast.
I'm in New Zealand, not Australia but yeah, come body me if you're on PSN.

That's why I want to get bodied.
i love grundy yes its true however i have a large range so im not that boring to fight against. i had some games today and i got bodied by web-head lol

thanks guys il give you an add hopefully it wont be that laggy :( im also aware of the sydney scene with ysb19 coming up in a few weeks but im mainly upset because of our future. the way things are now are going to stay the same for a very long time.... thats all. im hoping maybe at ysb19 i can meet some peeps and get some offline games going. i would love to rock up to some dudes house with brews and my pad and stick he he