What's new

Question - A-List New with A-List johnny, please any video of the run cancel or A-List in general?

First time playing with Johnny (A-list) , mostly started with him for the Story mode, but as i plan to learn his playstyle, i am playing the story in very difficult :) So Scorpion is beating me to a pulp with his vortex. Thats why I want to learn the basics , and really dont understand or even know how to use this run cancel everybody is talking about.

As far as i am seeing it, Johhny seems slower than in Mk 9 and some charaters (like scorpion) are too damn fast with their bnb, seems that age really struck johnny, for example his b3,4, 3 basic combo seems soo slow, dont see any use for it.

Please any video will be really appreciated, as i am also learning the nomenclature :( so one image is better than thousand words i guess, especially for combos.

And no, dont plan to reduce the difficulty level, as it is pushing me to improve :)

Thanks pals

I also made a thread about run cancel help. Look it up, there's some very helpful info there that was shared with me.
Thanks pal!! Really appreaciated, we the A-list players need to group and post more videos, as it seems nearly all the Johnny players are the Stunt ones :)

I hope they buff the speed of Johnny combos a bit, as it seems quite slow, compared to even Goro, my other main, seems a turtle, hehe

Just for aclaration, the run cancel is just a way for getting closer and combo, isnt is? Why not use dash? Sorry for the question, i want to learn about it

B-RanMustDie

I > U #RealityCheck
Just for aclaration, the run cancel is just a way for getting closer and combo, isnt is? Why not use dash? Sorry for the question, i want to learn about it
Run cancel is a way to not only extend his range and combo ability, more importantly it is a way to make his moves, such as F3, safe. Where otherwise without the run cancel it would not be safe.

Run cancel is a way to not only extend his range and combo ability, more importantly it is a way to make his moves, such as F3, safe. Where otherwise without the run cancel it would not be safe.
Can i ask how f3 is not safe? I find it safe all the time without run cancelling. BTW i play in computer, so maybe i dont get the numbers right, are we talking about his forward + front kick , isnt it? The one i find actually unsafe is its forward + back punch , maybe you are referring to this one?

Thanks again :)