What's new

New ways to check wake ups with Reptile

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey guys just wanted to take a minute and let you guys know about a couple of things I have been trying out in order to improve Reptile's oki game even more.

The first setup is done just off of your average 321 fb ender, however if your opponent has just been waking up and blowing up your sfb's, try throwing out a ffb. I have found that this works on a lot of the cast, and can give you a combo punish. Also you are still at the spacing to get a free dash whiff after if they should block it. Once people start respecting this option you can start using sfb's and getting free pressure, keeping the opponent respectful of your options.

The second one I have been using can actually be done off of an acid hand on hit. Whenever you hit the opponent with it, just follow up with a double dash into d4 acid hand. Depending on whether your opponent tech rolls or not, you can either end up crossing them up, or staying in front of them. Also, this is guarenteed to hit against all except they better wake ups in the game such as Ice Clone, Ex Cartwheel, Ex Hell Spike, KL Spin etc. This works very well against Mileena's who love to wake up Telekick, but it is susceptible to I think both normal and Ex roll so be careful. (Could blow up normal roll, not sure)

That's all I have for now, feel free to post below and tell me your guys' thoughts on these.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So if you 321 ffb the ffb hits them on wake up?
Most wake ups yes, I'm sure just like I mentioned for the other that that better wake ups in the game can bust it loose. I have really JUST STARTED using this, but the results have been fruitful so far.

That double dash d4 acid works wayyyyy too well lol.
Still haven't tried or messed with the ffb combo ender.

EDIT: also bumping threads to get some more life in Reptile forums lol.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Do you have any examples of wakeups that the fastball will beat? Sorry I can't try it myself right now. If you use the NJP splat, a fastball will hit Sub Zero out of his ice clone which is pretty helpful in that match.

321~invisibility into slowball is godlike against Kitana. She doesn't have a single wakeup that avoids the forceball other than square wave, and that gets punished easily by elbow dash from this distance. If she blocks the forceball, you can elbow dash in and be at huge frame advantage (enough for a 321 string).

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
That double dash d4 acid works wayyyyy too well lol.
Still haven't tried or messed with the ffb combo ender.

EDIT: also bumping threads to get some more life in Reptile forums lol.
yeah man the double dash d4 acid hand is stupid good haha. The ffb thing is situational but it does work. Seapeople i plan to make a list in the near future.

yeah man the double dash d4 acid hand is stupid good haha. The ffb thing is situational but it does work. Seapeople i plan to make a list in the near future.
I'm going to assume that putting the AI on expert and ending combos in ffb will inadvertently make them wake up, because AI is dumb lol. I'll check a few characters after work to help you out with the list lol. And that ATB song was sicker than shit! Even though i could only find live versions it was still amazing