What's new

New Tournaments Integrated into Mortal Kombat 1 and the PlayStation 5, Lui Kang Cups Every Hour!

Yooo boys i just booted up mk and there is a new addition to our game , 16 player tournaments for special unique items .. running every hour hosted by the game itself !
This is fooken hype lads, discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

So, just got home and scoured the game entirely, only to find nothing of the sort... I'm guessing this was a late april fools?

@Fr_stacckk would you mind clarifying? Even if just to say "lmao u got trolled lolz", I got my hopes up throught the roof.

I got a pop up message like youd get for the khaos reigns dlc , on my menu page asking if i wanted to register for a tournament with the chance to win a special liu kang avatar or some shit i should have taken a picture im not trolling lol

iScream on twitter posted today about getting the pop up for the tournament and getting second even though their opponent DQ's, and I just booted up and got this notification:
So it's for real. Maybe there's a delay based on regions?

Part of me (the naive part) wonders if one of the reason we haven't heard about MK1 Pro Komp Season 2 yet is they're working on integrating directly with Playstation. I think SF6's World Warriors function like that (anyone feel free to correct me), so it could be that once the tournament feature is tested they're going to go forward and set the online pro komp dates.

Another thing: is this PS5 only? I'm on PC and about to have an aneurysm if, yet again, PC is shafted from competitive stuff like this after not having crossplay since forever.

These tournaments take place every hour on PS5 and its all built right into the game. Super seemless and I entered + won one for a scorpion PS5 Avatar nothing crazy. Super great integration with the PS5 though and its all automated. Good way for someone to get there feet wet at home. They appear to be 16-8 man single elim FT2 brackets.

No clue on other platforms yet

This sounds pretty awesome, but like. Why are we finding out about this like this? I swear...
How much do they spend on "kommunity engagement" , they even just had a patch and mentioned everything except this .. ill give em the benefit of the doubt on this one though cause the surprise of it had me pretty hype yesterday