What's new

New to TYM, hoping to learning Injustice 2

What’s up guys? I’m a casual NRS and Capcom fan. I really enjoyed the first Injustice and followed the competitive scene very closely, but the bad netcode left me with very few people to play with. Injustice 2 is shaping nicely, and from what I hear it will have good netcode, so I’m very excited to learn the game along with other folks online.

I’m looking to level up from a jobber to a great player, and I know this site is the place to learn. Currently I’m messing around with Green Lantern in Injustice 1 to get reacquainted with the fundamentals of this fighting system. Is there anything I should to do prepare for Injustice 2?

Anyway, I hope to run into some of you online on May 16th!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Welcome! Playing Injustice 1 is a good start, should get you caught up with the basics of the legacy characters (those who are returning from Injustice 1) and Injustice mechanics. Where are you from by the way? You never know, there might be people nearby you! And what platforms do you play on?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Welcome friend! Playing Injustice 1 definitely the best place to start to prepare. If you got to play the Injustice 2 beta a little while back that would have been helpful but considering how few people got a code i'll go under the assumption you didn't get one. Other than playing Injustice 1 there's not much else to do right now. If you end up playing any character I play upon release be sure to look out for my tech. Gonna be completely honest, I'm good at finding stuff! Once again welcome to our lovely site!

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Welcome to TYM. I still remember when I made my introduction back when MKX was released and Injustice 2 will be my first injustice title to play.

Also, if you click your picture at the very top and go to"Personal Details" you can change your title from 'noob' to whatever you want.

You can also select a mood by hovering underneath your name and clicking that.

Thanks for for the warm welcome guys!

Where are you from by the way? You never know, there might be people nearby you! And what platforms do you play on?
I live in the outskirts of New York City--about 20 minutes from Manhattan. If I remember correctly, Next Level Arcade really supported the first Injustice, so maybe I could try to make an appearance there once I get okay at the game. I'd be up to playing some of the NYC folks online--I'm sure we'd get awesome connections.

If you got to play the Injustice 2 beta a little while back that would have been helpful but considering how few people got a code i'll go under the assumption you didn't get one.
Ha, I absolutely did not get a chance to play the beta, but I watched as many streams and other Youtube videos of people playing the beta. I think I got a decent understanding of the new characters' gameplans. Frankly I've been consuming as much content on this game as I've been able to find online--trailers, watchtowers, beta streams, etc. I guess you can say I'm a little obsessed.

If you end up playing any character I play upon release be sure to look out for my tech. Gonna be completely honest, I'm good at finding stuff! Once again welcome to our lovely site!
It's a little too early for me to call a main in Injustice 2. I didn't expect I would like Trish in MVC3 when I first got the game--you just never know. i'll definitely keep an eye out for your tech on characters I end up liking.

Also, if you click your picture at the very top and go to"Personal Details" you can change your title from 'noob' to whatever you want.
Cool, thanks for the tip! I think I'll leave it at "noob" for a while. Seems appropriate, haha.