What's new

New to TYM here!

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Hello people of Test Your Might. I am a Takeda main who heard about this website and I wanted to see what other players there were who played similar characters in Mortal Kombat X as I do, although I am a bit nervous.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Welcome! No need to be nervous, we don't all bite :) where are you from? Which consoles/platforms do you play on? Have you played any other NRS games?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Welcome! No need to be nervous, we don't all bite :) where are you from? Which consoles/platforms do you play on? Have you played any other NRS games?
Actually MKX is my first Fighting game ever, unless you count SSBB. I guess you could say I was a casual, but MKX grew on me. I always loved figuring stuff out and MKX was a head-scratcher for me, so I messed around in training mode for the first time, and youtubed "how to play Mortal Kombat X" and found out that combo's were a thing. I practiced the hell out of the combos I found for Takeda and used them in ranked to win more matches. This was all the way back in April when MKX first came out.

Eventually combo's weren't enough and I kept getting beat in ranked, so I had to look for something else, and I guess I found named Takeda's vortex with the Shuriken from a youtuber named Tru3ta1ent. I found out he streamed MKX on Twitch so I made my first account ever and started watching his streams and still do sometimes, but I watched his lab sessions the most, especially with Takeda. It helped me learn so many fighting game mechanics.

After that I heard about an MKX tournament which had me thinking "There's a Tournament?" My curiosity got the best of me and I watched one of the beginning ESL tournaments on youtube again where I saw players like SonicFox and Pig of the Hut. Then I found out most of these ESL players had twitch streams which I followed on Twitch as well, and learned more and more mechanics from.

Eventually I heard about this website (TYM) from Tom Brady's stream and finally decided to check it out, but sorry for the long story.

Oh and also, I'm from Texas around the Dallas area.

Youphemism

Actually MKX is my first Fighting game ever, unless you count SSBB. I guess you could say I was a casual, but MKX grew on me. I always loved figuring stuff out and MKX was a head-scratcher for me, so I messed around in training mode for the first time, and youtubed "how to play Mortal Kombat X" and found out that combo's were a thing. I practiced the hell out of the combos I found for Takeda and used them in ranked to win more matches. This was all the way back in April when MKX first came out.

Eventually combo's weren't enough and I kept getting beat in ranked, so I had to look for something else, and I guess I found named Takeda's vortex with the Shuriken from a youtuber named Tru3ta1ent. I found out he streamed MKX on Twitch so I made my first account ever and started watching his streams and still do sometimes, but I watched his lab sessions the most, especially with Takeda. It helped me learn so many fighting game mechanics.

After that I heard about an MKX tournament which had me thinking "There's a Tournament?" My curiosity got the best of me and I watched one of the beginning ESL tournaments on youtube again where I saw players like SonicFox and Pig of the Hut. Then I found out most of these ESL players had twitch streams which I followed on Twitch as well, and learned more and more mechanics from.

Eventually I heard about this website (TYM) from Tom Brady's stream and finally decided to check it out. I wish I knew about this earlier, it seems like I can learn more here.

Oh and also, I'm from Texas around the Dallas area.
Well don't worry about it, you're not the only one on here who started with MKX. There's tons!

While tru3ta1ent is good for exposure to casuals and very basic stuff he's not really considered a high level player and some of the things he says can be kinda misinformative. But we're here to help so if anything you've picked up happens to be a little off we can make sure it's sorted for you :) there's the entire Takeda subforum that'll gladly help you out! I'm sure @st9rm will help you out along with the rest.

You will definitely learn a lot here, don't you worry about that! Haha.

Interesting, you should look into Ultra Arcade. Not sure where they're based specifically but they sponsor a bunch of Texan players. Maybe @KH Royale @KH Showtime could help?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I do agree he misses stuff sometimes haha. I'm not sure if I'm looking for sponsors just yet, Ultra Arcade might sound like a good idea once I'm a bit more comfortable. I'm really interested to see what other Takeda mains have found as well, and I want to see if I can help contribute. I might also look at some other characters as well, as I think I've learned most of the roster for friends who wanted to know how to play the characters they want.

Thank you!

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Welcome to the site where the majority of its members do nothing but downplay, cry, beg for nerfs and buffs on characters they hate and contribute to making the NRS fighting game community the most disrespectful, envious and hateful gaming community on the planet.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Welcome to the site where the majority of its members do nothing but downplay, cry, beg for nerfs and buffs on characters they hate and contribute to making the NRS fighting game community the most disrespectful, envious and hateful gaming community on the planet.
Haha, I've seen enough of it from the streams I watch. Surely not everyone is like this?

Youphemism

I do agree he misses stuff sometimes haha. I'm not sure if I'm looking for sponsors just yet, Ultra Arcade might sound like a good idea once I'm a bit more comfortable. I'm really interested to see what other Takeda mains have found as well, and I want to see if I can help contribute. I might also look at some other characters as well, as I think I've learned most of the roster for friends who wanted to know how to play the characters they want.

Thank you!
Lol I didn't mean sponsor, just a place to go so you can play with the best players and level up. Although if you reckon you're good enough you can go over and they might just sponsor you! Haha. I'm the same, I learn most of the cast since usually I don't have a scene and if I want to learn matchups and my training partner wants to learn matchups then I can play the character and know a little about how the matchup works.

No problemo :D
Haha, I've seen enough of it from the streams I watch. Surely not everyone is like this?
Don't worry, she's overexaggerating. While there are some people who do nothing but complain about the character and the game not everybody is like that.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Lol I didn't mean sponsor, just a place to go so you can play with the best players and level up. Although if you reckon you're good enough you can go over and they might just sponsor you! Haha. I'm the same, I learn most of the cast since usually I don't have a scene and if I want to learn matchups and my training partner wants to learn matchups then I can play the character and know a little about how the matchup works.

No problemo :D

Don't worry, she's overexaggerating. While there are some people who do nothing but complain about the character and the game not everybody is like that.
No not everyone here at TYM is like that, just 94.56% of its members are.

SEN WIIISE

Kall the Kid, King Khanum!
Yooooo!

Welcome to TYM!
Personally I think it's cool to see people who're interested in Takeda, as I'm fond of his design myself.

FGC forums can be dramatic and TYM is no exception. However, there's plenty to learn and digest in places like this.
Good luck searching and studying! I think what'd be most important for you is learning about 2D fighter mechanics.
The jump from casual to technical play is large, mainly due to character archetypes such as Grapplers, Zoners, Rushdowns, Balance, etc.
But it's a matter of basic mechanics and how they evolve along with the depth of the scenarios that can play out.

The best advice I could give?
Don't call anything cheap or broken until you have undeniable proof that it is.
Almost everything has a counter to it.

Keeping that in mind will help you continue as things get tough and the salt builds.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Hello people of Test Your Might. I am a Takeda main who heard about this website and I wanted to see what other players there were who played similar characters in Mortal Kombat X as I do, although I am a bit nervous.
Welcome to TYM! I play Ronin Takeda. Takeda is a very fun character.