What's new

New to TYM, and MK9

b0mb_Trak_Kovacz

Come get one in the yarbles.
Hey there.

I'm traditionally a Street Fighter player, but now I'm branching out and playing MK9. So far, I like it, but I don't know enough about the game. I'm wanting to play Jax.

I tend to play rushdown characters (Dictator in SF, Aeon in SCV), so I'm still open to other characters. Any suggestions?

PSN: b0mb_Trak

I'm in Shreveport, LA.

NKZero

Warrior
Hey man welcome to TYM.

Well if you are looking for rushdown I would recommend the following:
1. Johnny Cage (rush down king and simple to play)
2. Liu Kang (solid rush down, can zone a little and also simple to play)
3. Sonya (very strong rush down and footsies but a little tougher on execution)
4. Kabal (excellent rushing and zoning and probably best in the game. however with that also comes the hardest execution)

I apologise if I am missing any characters.

Anyways I would start out with Cage or Kang but ultimately the most important thing is playing with the character you like best. Jax is not really a rush down character. More zoning and baiting out mistakes with a devastating corner game. However if Jax is your favourite I would try him out.

b0mb_Trak_Kovacz

Come get one in the yarbles.
Hey man welcome to TYM.

Well if you are looking for rushdown I would recommend the following:
1. Johnny Cage (rush down king and simple to play)
2. Liu Kang (solid rush down, can zone a little and also simple to play)
3. Sonya (very strong rush down and footsies but a little tougher on execution)
4. Kabal (excellent rushing and zoning and probably best in the game. however with that also comes the hardest execution)

I apologise if I am missing any characters.

Anyways I would start out with Cage or Kang but ultimately the most important thing is playing with the character you like best. Jax is not really a rush down character. More zoning and baiting out mistakes with a devastating corner game. However if Jax is your favourite I would try him out.
Kang definitely caught my eye today at work. I'm willing to sit down and take some time with him. Thank you for the recommendations, I'll keep them in mind!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
If you can get over the ... wah wah wah ... of liu kang, he's a pretty simple character that can rushdown very well. He can also zone with his high, low, and IaF.

Problem is, his wakeups blow.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Welcome. I'd suggest Cage or Liu Kang. Both are very simple. Cage is the king of rushdown though with his frametraps on block.

Also, online is pretty deplorable ass on PS3, the netcode is better on 360. Just don't expect SCV out of it.