What's new

New to the fightin genre, LF people to play with.

As the title says, I am rather new to Injustice, and fighting games in general. Have a little experience in Mk9 but not too much. Gamertag is Vertikai if anyone would be up for adding me and practicing with me and even anyone that might want to be able to teach me a few things would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any friends that play these kinds of games so it would be cool to get to know some people as well.

Again my gamertag is Vertikai if you want to add me :)

Justice

Noob
Welcome? What's an LF? Please do not tell me that's the short way of saying "Looking for"...
Yes. Yes it is. Sounds to me like someone has played an rpg or two ;)

I'm on PSN but there are lots of wonderful peeps happy to help you on XBL. Also, once you have settled on your main, you can visit their respective forums here and learn bunches that way as well.

Good luck and happy gaming :D

Spletty

Grandmaster
As the title says, I am rather new to Injustice, and fighting games in general. Have a little experience in Mk9 but not too much. Gamertag is Vertikai if anyone would be up for adding me and practicing with me and even anyone that might want to be able to teach me a few things would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any friends that play these kinds of games so it would be cool to get to know some people as well.

Again my gamertag is Vertikai if you want to add me :)
add me up, ill be on later and tomorrow, gt: Spletty

Yes, unfortunately that's what it means. Thought it was considered common internet language lol. And actually I got it from a collab graphic design site >.<

also, anyone have any suggestions of a good starter main? I've played a bit of catwoman but feel that you're pretty limited in how to open with her combos? could be wrong. Also have a little play in dooms, grundy, bane and aqua. suggestions of who to stay away from?

Spletty thanks, added you :)

Spletty

Grandmaster
Yes, unfortunately that's what it means. Thought it was considered common internet language lol. And actually I got it from a collab graphic design site >.<

also, anyone have any suggestions of a good starter main? I've played a bit of catwoman but feel that you're pretty limited in how to open with her combos? could be wrong. Also have a little play in dooms, grundy, bane and aqua. suggestions of who to stay away from?

Spletty thanks, added you :)
I knew what you meant with LF lol anyway I tried arrow and he will be my main offline, but he has really strict timing for mediocre damage, not the best for online. Batman is solid, aqua man is good, I've been playing bane now. We'll Have to hit up online practice mode soon and find some dirt

Thanks, thanks :)
So right now I am playing on the standard 360 controller, and feel like I constantly am jumping, even when I don't mean to. I feel like I am at the point where I am conciously starting to chain combos, but because of the controller things get messed up. Is moving from controller to stick a huge difference in "accuracy" if you will? Want to get some info before dropping the $100.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
Welcome bud. I respect you playing at all on 360 pad. If you don't like stick there are converters that allow you to use a PS3 pad on a 360 and vice versa.

Good luck in the game.

Sounds good, thanks :)

Anyone else have any suggestions of to possibly main? Also can someone link to where it is explained already, or explain to me yourself what all the "code" talk is in the forums about combos and whatnot..?

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
Sounds good, thanks :)

Anyone else have any suggestions of to possibly main? Also can someone link to where it is explained already, or explain to me yourself what all the "code" talk is in the forums about combos and whatnot..?
Maybe this will help: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2007/oct/21/street-fighter-terminology-acronyms-lexicon-and-glossary-guide/
What characters did you enjoy playing in MK9? It would help to know a little about your play style before offering suggestions on who to main. Or just play as many as you can. You never know who you get good with.

Mostly played Kitana and ermac. I know GL is similar to ermac but have no desire to play GL.. feels clunky.. or just not smooth with how I like to play.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Mostly played Kitana and ermac. I know GL is similar to ermac but have no desire to play GL.. feels clunky.. or just not smooth with how I like to play.
Some people say Raven is a bit like Ermac... I don't know if it's true as I don't really play either, but I can sort of see the similarities in one move they have... sorry couldn't be of more help.

Bump. Still looking for some input on who to possibly main when starting out, as well as any thoughts on buying a stick vs trying to learn on the controller.
I am at the point where I am focusing on landing combos in matches rather than smash buttons. Right now I am averaging 27% combos between a few characters. In Mk9 I played a bit of Kitana and Ermac. So far in this game I have been focusing mostly on catwoman, batman, aqua, shaz, and dooms. Thoughts or opinions?

GT: Vertikai - please feel free to add me.. because as the title says I am looking to find people to play with. Not fun not knowing anyone :(

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Welcome! Feel free to add me to your friends list on 360. I purchased the Battle Edition and love the fight stick. I highly recommend it.